Chapter 3

Almost 1 year later.....

It's almost the anniversary of Alex's death and Ben decided he wanted to go back to school and finish his senior year at his former high school.

Ben decided that he wanted to be home schooled after Alex's death and he successfully convinced his mom and he has been doing good but there was an incident that caused Ben to fall behind a bit but now he is ready to go back to school.

Ben walked into the school and all eyes were on him. It was his first day back after apparently mysteriously disappearing. 

Ben and Lily's relationship was toast after Ben basically ignored her the rest of the year after the accident. So Ben walked into school alone and having a new attitude. 

"Hey Ben how have you been?" Lily asked walking up towards him.

"Pretty shitty thanks for asking." Ben said and walked away and went to the tables to retrieve his schedule. 

Ben felt the stares on his back and also the blunt stares from the students working at the table.

Ben looked around and got angry.

"What the fuck are y'all looking at?" Ben roared, everyone quickly looked away from him and Ben felt his shoulders relax a bit. 

That is until he heard her voice. 

Julia. He looked over at another table and saw Julia with her blonde hair in a messy bun and sweatpants on and looking like she didn't give care in the world.

He got angry. 

He went up to her and grabbed her by the arm and pulled her into an empty classroom.

"What the hell are you doing back here?" he asked her looking down at her.

Julia Rask suddenly disappeared after the accident with Alex, and Ben was furious with her because she was the only person he wanted to talk to after the fact and she just got up and disappeared and didn't care about him at all. Ben thought they were friends but it's not true she only cared about herself. 

"I came back because I can and you can't do anything about it." She said looking at him angrily. 

 Ben could see the bags under her eyes and felt kinda bad but then he remembered that night and got angry again.

"You basically killed my brother. Why would you ever come back?" He stated. Julia looked up at him in surprise. She felt disappointed and angry that he would even think that about her.

"You know it's just as much your fault as it is my fault so don't put all the fault on me when you know it was both us." She stated, she felt the tears come to her eyes but she saw the angry look in Ben's eyes and quickly dried them.

"Yeah I realize that. Don't you think I am angry at myself as much as you? I am angrier at you though because you LEFT. No feelings for the people you left behind." Ben stated looking at her with disgust.

"You don't know why I left and by the way you are talking to me you will never get the chance to know because you turned into a bitter piece of yourself." Julia stated and then walked out of the room and slammed the door.

Ben then felt all the anger and punched the wall. A teacher came in all of a sudden and told Ben to go into the office.

"Yeah whatever." Ben said going to his homeroom ignoring the teacher.

Ben got to his homeroom and again felt all the eyes in the classroom shift to him.

"Nice to have you back Mr.Oliver." The teacher stated and Oliver just glared at him and went to the back of the classroom and sat down. No one dared to sit by him and when someone did he just glared at them until they left the seat.

Ben spent the next couple months like this because no one dared to try to talk to him because he would just stare at them angrily until they went away. 

Ben got into a couple fights that year for comments people made about him or his brother. 

Ben got into a fight once because a guy had mentioned that no one really cared that Alex had died because he was a player and douche and deserved what he came for him. 

Ben sent that person to the hospital. 

Ben wasn't taking anyone's shit. 

Julia was the same way. 

She didn't make any friends and she quickly started to regret coming back even though her mother forced her to come back after the accident and the things she went through. 

Julia wanted to talk to Ben but she quickly became scared of him because all the rumors that he had sent someone to the hospital for talking about Alex. 

Julia felt pain when she thought about Alex. She felt guilty so she couldn't imagine what Ben felt because it was his twin brother and she only knew Alex for a couple years before the incident. 

It was nearing the anniversary of Alex's death and so Julia decided to visit the cemetery for the first time since the funeral.

She walked into the cemetery and she instantly got a chill. She felt cold but she kept going until she got to the grave.

She stood in front of the grave and the tears came down her face. 

"I miss you so much. School is hard without you there. All the whispers and stares. I can't deal with it all. Ben misses you I can tell but he is different. He's angrier. He seems to put up walls that no one can get through. I just wanted to talk to you but now that I am here I feel stupid because you aren't actually here." Julia sighed and looked at the grave.

Only 17 years old. A life lost to drinking and heartache. 

Julia felt the tears drop down and then she took a picture out of her wallet and placed it on the grave. 

Julia felt a weight on her shoulders start to lift away but that feeling came back when saw Ben standing a few feet away from her.

"Why are you here?" Ben asked walking up to her.

"I think I have every right to be here as much as you." Julia said and then started to walk away.

Ben saw her walk away and he didn't miss the tears in her eyes as she walked. 

Ben looked at Alex's grave.

Ben visits Alex's grave often making sure it's clean and that new flowers are always present. 

Ben went to the grave and saw the picture that Julia put down on his grave and picked it up.

It was of a baby maybe a newborn, Ben couldn't help but think that this baby looked a lot like Ben and Alex when they were younger. 

Ben placed the picture back on the grave and ran towards the parking lot of the cemetery and caught up to Julia.

"Who is in that picture?" He asked and Julia turned around suddenly and looked Ben in his eyes. They held so much anger but she saw the sadness and desperation. 

Ben wanted to know the truth but he saw the way Julia became very uncomfortable with his question. 

"I can't tell you and honestly you don't need to know." Julia said and then walked to her car leaving Ben there. 

If Ben's thoughts were correct then Julia and Alex had a baby. But what happened to that baby? Did she keep it? Or did she give it away?

Ben suddenly felt angry because he felt betrayed. He felt that if Julia really did give away the last thing that had a piece of Alex, he would never forgive her.