The Complicated Life of a Youtuber pt 1

A lighthearted chapter for you guys :) Enjoy!

Sophie clicked the camera on, nervously wringing her hands under her desk. However, as soon as the camera beeped, and she immediately lit up. 

"Hello everyone! Welcome back to my channel!" Sophie sang, mimicking her favorite youtubers by extending her arms out wide and smiling ear to ear. 

"Today we're going to be taking a tour of my yard, which is, by the way, home to almost 40 different species." Sophie scooted up her fake glasses to their proper place on her nose. 

Starting a youtube channel had been a flash of inspiration during her boring summer life. Of course, Sophie had made a point to disguise herself (just in case she went viral). An auburn long-haired wig paired with cute nerd glasses sufficed for this purpose. And, of course, no youtube sensation trying to cover up their identity would be complete without a matching fake British accent.

Sophie led the way outside, giving her audience a tour of her parents' animal haven. She walked paths her friends wouldn't recognize, skirting around showing the actual house, which was easy on their expansive property. 

"Look at these little cuties." Sophie cooed, petting a group of endangered wild cat kittens (she wasn't supposed to, but sacrifices must be made for youtube). She patted their heads and continued on. 

"There's on more thing I want to show you guys." Sophie said, making towards the end of their property. Although it went against her Stay Away From Places Your Friends Recognize rule, she walked towards it anyway. 

"Here, in this far side of the property, lies the cutest thing of them all." Sophie announced(still with her beautiful accent), preparing to pan the camera on ultimate cuteness. 

"You mean me?" A deep voice inquired. Sophie and her camera pivoted to face upward, where Keefe was perched on the fence. 

Being caught talking to a camera was one thing, but being caught with a camera while also wearing an auburn wig and nerd glasses was quite another. 

Without a second thought, Sophie sprinted clumsily across the rolling hills, jabbing at the Stop button of her camera. 

"Hey! Stop right there! TRESPASSER!" Keefe yelled. Sophie heard a thump, notifying her that Keefe had landed on the ground and was most likely chasing her. 

Sophie's lungs ached already, proof that her soccer training had expired. Loud footsteps were gaining on her as Sophie gasped for breath, still sprinting.  

She felt the impact of Keefe tackling her, his arms trapping her fatigued legs. In the moments before she hit the ground, Sophie appreciated the irony of Keefe calling her a trespasser in her own yard, and the fact that he was actually trespassing. 

After that thought, of course, Sophie's body hit the ground with a muffled thump!

Seconds later, Keefe's ice blue eyes were inches from her own, curiosity lighting them up. Apparently, he still hadn't figured out who she was. This costume was paying off, big time. Maybe I can still get away?

"Who are you?" Keefe asked, still pinning her down. Sophie scrunched her eyes closed, hiding her gold-flecked eyes. 

"Please," Sophie asked, her British accent disguising her voice. "I'm one of Sophie's old friends. I need to get to her." 

"Really? Miss..." 

"Hermione." Sophie supplied him, instantly regretting her decision. Hermione Granger was the first name she could come up with. Must've been the accent. Keefe released her, getting up and holding out a hand. Sophie's eyes stayed scrunched as she took his hand. She pushed up her glasses and smoothed out her hair. 

"Thank you. Now I must be off." Sophie walked quickly away. To her dismay, Keefe followed. 

"So, Hermione, how long have you known Sophie?" 

"Bout five years, give or take." 

"What are you doing here?" 

Sophie searched for an excuse. What would a long lost friend be doing visiting her? 

"We're having a sleepover. I got distracted on my way here. I, uh, vlog." 

"Nice." Keefe said. Sophie flashed a smile at him, scrunching her nose in a way she imagined would be cute while tilting her face to the side. 

Keefe's face blushed crimson. 

Sophie did a double take, but Keefe was now looking the other way. Hmmm.

"So, Mr....?" 

"Sencen, but you can call be Keefe." 

Interesting. 

"Keefe, then. Are you acquainted with Sophie?" 

"Oh yeah. We're secretly madly in love." 

Sophie coughed loudly, face turning red, even under her tan concealer (also part of the disguise). 

Keefe smirked at her. "Of course, we could make it a love triangle, to make things interesting." He wiggled his eyebrows. 

"I can escort myself to the house, thank you Mr. Sencen. And I can't believe Sophie would be friends with a player like you! If you two are really in love, you won't be when I'm through telling her about this!" 

"Wait! Hermione! Don't tell her!" Keefe rushed ahead, blocking the back door with his body. "You can't tell her!" 

"And why not?" 

Keefe opened his mouth to explain, but he was cut off by the sudden appearance of Grady...with a pitchfork. He rounded the corner and froze, taking in Youtuber Sophie and a frantic Keefe blocking the door. 

Now, before we continue, it must be understood that Sophie's parents knew of her second life as a Youtuber. In fact, they promoted it. Okay, back to the present. 

"Sophie, is that boy bothering you again?" Grady asked. Sophie watched as Keefe's gaze turned from frantic to craftily devilish. Never in all her life had Sophie felt so akin to a mouse being stared down by a cat.  

She squeezed past him in a last burst of frenzied terror and shut the door, but not before Keefe grabbed her wig. 

My wig was snatched, she thought glumly. Her favorite(and only) wig. 

 In that moment, she knew what must come.

The wig will be avenged...

And this is only part one :0