Chapter 50: I Found My Place in All of This

(HIT PLAY ABOVE TURN VOLUME ON-SKIP TO ABOUT 0:30)

REY'S POV:

I wake from my peaceful sleep.  Looking around the room I see the sheer gold curtains flowing in the morning breeze before me.  I roll out of the bed and turn to look down at my beautiful child staring up at me from her bassinet. 

I see her eyes and how alert they are for only being a few days old. 

"Hello you," I say softly to her, she wiggles to the sound of my voice. I tenderly slide my arms under her head and hips and bring her up to my chest.  The base of my nightgown catches a breeze coming in from the doors that lead out to the beach. I walk around the edge of the bed and turn to head out the door.  

As I coo her in my arms I look up and see him, Ben.  His strong silhouette outlined by the rising sun.  He is standing by the water's edge looking out into the sea.  I begin walking out the door and across the stone walkway to meet him.  

Slowly, he turns around and sees us; he smiles as he waits for us to reach him at the shore.

We meet him at the end of the path; he takes his arm and pulls me tight and gently moves me to the front of him. He locks his big arms around us and puts his chin on my left shoulder, so he can see her face. Her eyes flutter slightly open from sensing his presence. 

I feel our bond flowing together in harmony as we watch the sunrise over the horizon.    

The universe doesn't give you what you ask for with your thoughts; it gives you what you demand with your actions.  Through all the hurting and all the searching, I have found my place in all of this.

  Through all the hurting and all the searching, I have found my place in all of this