Chapter 2: Sinners' Reunion

I knew this day would come.

Evil tyrants don't get to peacefully ride into the sunset, even ones that staged their own death in order for the world to become the gentle place my dear sister Nunnally had always dreamed of. I'm just glad that C.C. and I had 7 years of peace before somebody actually found us (and tried to kill us).

I fought off the first attempt easily enough. A single Geass command for them to die was all that I needed. I suspect that was just a "test" to see I am the real L.L.- nobody is dumb enough to send assassins with unshielded eyes against me. Once the last body dropped to the ground, the enemy began to mobilize their Knightmare frames. I counted 10 frames in all. Finally, the true attack begins.

Of course, I was prepared for this eventuality. The entire perimeter of the farm is outfitted with a Gefjun Disturber. Anything that is powered by Sakuradite is nothing but an expensive paper weight here if and when I flip on the switch. I was just about to do so when I noticed something else on the radar- 3 fast approaching Knightmare frames.

Judging by their speed, they are likely to be the more advanced Knightmare models that are resistant to my Gefjun trap. It appears that my enemy is more well-connected and well-prepared than I thought. Since winning the battle is no longer an option, it's time to focus on buying time for my family to escape.

"C.C., are the girls ready to move?" I called out into the bedroom.

"Yeah, just about." My wife of 7 years answered non-chalantly as she stuffed our wedding picture into a go-bag. That picture is among one of our most treasured possessions, and it's always nice to see my seemingly robotic and cold wife act a bit sentimental once in a while.

"OK, head for the escape tunnels now. I'll buy some time with the Gefjun and the explosives. Rendevous at... "

One of the enemy Knightmare suddenly exploded. I looked outside and saw an old friend. There was no mistaking it- the Guren just claimed yet another victim with its Radiant Wave Surger. Moments later, the Lancelot and the Gloucester mopped up all enemy frames before their pilots could get in. Their leader commanded his squad to suicide to avoid capture, and I saw a ring of red light around their irises as they obediently shot themselves after the leader died.

"Girls, no need to run. Our mystery assassin problem just got resolved by our friends and family problem. Come out and meet them!"

"Is that the scary aunt, daddy?" Euphy asked sweetly.

"Yes darling, that's the one! Just remember girls, it's perfectly fine if Aunt Cornelia stabs daddy with her sword. It's just how we greet each other!"

"Let's get this over with..." C.C. said in an annoyed tone as she opened our shot-up door to welcome our guests, who are sprinting towards us with reckless abandon.

I suppose it's foolish of me to think that I could hide from everyone forever. Sinners have to face their past sooner or later. Deep down, I always knew this day would come. A day of true reckoning...

My two girls peeked outside to see our new guest. Naturally, Suzaku, Kallen, and Cornelia all suddenly stopped and showed a stunned look on their faces.

I smiled as I thought to myself, "Even after all these years, I can still surprise them." I looked down at my two beautiful daughters and said, "Euphy, Shirley, go hug your Aunt Cornelia!"

Euphy and Shirley slowly walked towards Cornelia, who had a mixed expression of equal parts anger and shock. Euphy approached her aunt and did a cute curtsy. Euphy always did like to style her hair very much like her namesake- waist-length hair with two buns on the side.

"Hello, Aunt Cornelia! My name is Euphy Lamperouge. It's nice to finally meet you!"

It's interesting to see the sudden shifts in emotions on her face, from anger to shock to tenderness. My sister always did have the worst poker face.

Tears streamed down Cornelia's eyes as she knelt and hugged the niece that was named after her dearly departed sister.

The sister I killed in the quest to remake the world into a more gentle place...

I cleared my throat and calmly invited them in, "Come in, friends and family. I suppose I have some explaining to do."

[Author's Note: Hey y'all! Sorry for the long update time. Honestly, I was gonna see how R3 turned out before jumping back in. But since the announcement that they're going off canon for R3 (a safe but cowardly play, in my opinion), I've decided to jump back in now. Same rules apply though- let me know what you think- grammar/editing advice and constructive criticism are welcome!

Also, a standard disclaimer about the title pic not being my original work. I tried to find the author to credit, but this image has been bounced around tumblr and pinterest so much that it's kinda hard to tell. If you're certain who deserves the credit, let me know so I can properly attribute]