chapter 2- a misunderstanding turns my life upside down

I dedicate this chapter to bookfriend17 who has been a constant support to me. 

Hanish's POV

Making myself comfortable in the plastic chair, I relaxed a little and eventually fell asleep. All the week's tiredness and the stress had taken its rightful and much-needed nap. I don't know how much time passed but I woke up when I heard my daughter cry and the sight in front of eyes was something I don't know how to say it. It was sexy and it was wrong. Just when I thinking if it was right to stare at a girl who was correcting the pallu of what I believe to be her lehenga and showing her deep cleavage, the doors opened and someone barged into the room.

Noticing what was happening the lady who walked went and slapped the girl hard on her cheeks. The girl and stood rooted to our places while the lady began to cry and my daughter stayed silent.

"you ruined our family's name!" the lady yelled

The lady was in her late forties and on cue a man in his mid-fifties entered the room.

"enayitu?(what happened?)" the man asked and looked around puzzled about the presence of so my people in that small room.

"Ask your beloved daughter" she ordered and before he could ask and the lady interrupted him "on the day of her sister's wedding, she is sleeping with a stranger" hearing that the girl precipitously lifted her head and her eyes grew in size.

My mind couldn't even process what the lady was saying just like the man.

"she brought this man hours back to this room. What do you think they were doing all this time?" the lady asked and the man looked at the girl with so much doubt in his eyes.

"but.." he began and yet again the lady interposed him

"she was fixing her dress and he was looking like he was about to eat her" when the lady said that I wave of guilt washed over me. The girl looked at me and that look made me shiver from head to toe. That one look of scathing cold look would make anyone wet their pants.

"mam..." I tried to explain

"don't," both the lady and the girl said together.

"you don't open your mouth" the lady instructed the girl.

The man, or to be precise the girl's father walked up to her and with so much shame in his tone he asked

"Why today? Why now? Why?" and he slapped her again. "I supported every decision of yours. You decided medical was not your forte, you wanted to move to another city, wanted to study humanities. I accepted. Then why do this to me? That too a day before Bavya's wedding? What didn't we do for you that you had to humiliate us like this?"

"ask her why" the lady yelled in between her cry. Hearing the shriek voice the bride along with the groom and his family walked in.

"Sir, you are still here. And why are in this room?" my Client asked and that the same time the bride questioned the lady "Chikkamma (aunt in Kannada), why are you crying and why is she holding her cheeks."

When the lady, the bride's aunt didn't answer she turned to her uncle for an answer, who by then was also shedding silent tears.

"let me explain" I started 

"what are you going to say? Are you going to say that you ruined my daughter's life? That you slept with my daughter before you could enter a wedlock?" the lady said and everyone present gasped at the new information.