Clubs House Constipated People

The next morning, I woke to the sun shining through my window. The first thing I did was check if I had a message from Blake, and I couldn’t help but smile when I saw the message he had sent. He was so full of himself, I found it pretty amusing. But I always seemed to blush when he called me gorgeous, even though I hardly ever blushed.

 Morning gorgeous, I hope your day is as amazing as me.(;

 I smiled, texting him back a reply.

 Good morning butthole. :D I hope your day is better than mine, because I’m much more spectacular than you. Just saying. :P And I thought we had already covered this Blake, I’m not pretty. You don’t have to say that to be nice. 

 I could feel his frustration in the message he sent me.

 Brianna why don’t you believe me when I tell you that you’re beautiful? Do you think I’d lie to you about that? I’m many things, but one thing I’m not is a liar. So get it through that thick head of yours, okay? Please don’t argue with me on this, I’d rather start this day off good.

 I could tell it was serious when he said my full name. But was it really my fault I didn’t believe him? For goodness’ sake I hadn’t had my first boyfriend, nonetheless my first kiss! I wasn’t the girl that was called pretty in elementary. I just didn’t have the best self-esteem.

 Why would I? When you grow up being the girl who always had her nose stuck in a book, and was only noticed when people needed the answers to last night’s homework. Why would I think that the words people told me were sincere? 

 It also didn’t help that I had gorgeous friends. I kind of always assumed I was the ugly friend, the boring one. I was the weird one, in my opinion. While they talked about the dance they went to Saturday night, I’d tell them about this funny Tumblr post I saw. There were times when I wondered if I was a burden and if they were only my friends because they pitied me.

 I snapped out of my reverie and was about to reply to Blake’s Kik, when Suzy came bursting through my bedroom door.

 “Hey girl.” She grinned at me. “Guess who’s going out this Saturday night instead of scrolling through Tumblr and reading a book?”

 I looked at her tapping my finger against my chin. “Hmm, I wonder who that unfortunate person could be? I know one thing, though. It sure as heck isn’t going to be me.” I pulled my laptop onto my lap and scrolled through Tumblr.

 The grin that she had been wearing a few seconds ago disappeared and was replaced with a frown. “Oh come on, Bri. We should enjoy our summer, try something new.” She sat down beside me. “ I know going to dances aren’t your thing but please come to keep me company.”

 I chewed on my lower lip. “I don’t know Suzy. I mean, I have to ask my parents for permission. I don’t know if they’d want me to go out.”

 A devious smile spread across her lips. “I already asked. They were fine with it. They said something about you finally getting out of this room and to make sure you take your phone with you.”

 Fajita my life. Now I can’t play the whole ‘parents said no’ card. “I don’t have anything to wear though, so I guess I can’t go. Maybe next time.” I replied, faking disappointment.

 “I figured you might say that; that’s why I brought this.” Suzy gestured to the bag in her hands.

 The next hour consisted of my hair being pulled and probably killed by all the heat in the curler. Once my torture ended, we left for the dance. I fidgeted with the hem of my dress all the way to the place that the dance was being held at. I glanced at myself in the car mirror, hoping I didn’t look overdressed.