Chapter One: An Enchanting Angel at a Coffee Shop

Zak P. O. V.

“Christine leave”!! I yelled at her for what seemed like the 30th time. She did not listen to me I was furious. She was standing in my living room looking at me with smugness in her face. “Zak I am just asking you to listen to me please” She showed up at my house a few minutes ago exclaiming that she needed to tell me something. She bragged about her relationship with my cousin. I looked at her and said, “I don’t want to”. How dare she show up at my house, just like that and brag about her beloved boyfriend. I couldn’t take this anymore. That’s when my mom walked in “Christine leave now, Zak wants nothing to do with you. He has realized that you were the worst mistake of his life. Do not make me call the cops.” Christine stared at my mom as did I, she never spoke like that to anyone. My mom was as sweet as honey, with light blonde hair blue eyes and a soothing voice. But right now she was pissed off as was I. Christine ignored my mom and continued her torture. “Well Zak if you didn’t love me anymore you wouldn’t mind me being here but you clearly still love me”.

I had it, I wanted to rip her head off!! I was shaking, fuming, my temper was going get the best of me and I was going to regret it if I didn’t get out of there and fast. That is when I bolted out the door, “No Christine I don’t not anymore”, I yelled at her as I stormed through the door and onto the pouring rain.

I acted rashly I didn’t even get a jacket or my keys I just left, and I didn’t care, I ran at first but soon slowed down to a power walk. My mind was reeling, as the house and nightmare were left further and further away, reality began to catch up to me. I noticed the rain was still pouring and I was completely soaked. My life had fallen apart because of her, I made her my world and when she broke it I broke, I never hung out with my friend anymore, I isolated myself. If a girl spoke to me I would lash out at her, without even thinking about it, I had serious issues and I knew it.

I didn’t know how to let go of the anger and mistrust. I saw all those pretty girls and I never was able to get the anger out to think more of them. I was pissed at women. I had trust issues and I wanted to just bury myself alive. My family and friends knew I was in serious pain. But I just couldn’t let it go.

As I was trying to leave the pain behind I began to get very cold, walking around in the rain for hours was not good and I was beginning to get dark out, the breeze picked up and suddenly I was freezing. Realizing the new issue at hand I began to look for a refuge from the rain. That is when I saw a small café across the street I was on, the sign said open till midnight. It looked so warm and cozy, from the big glass wall I could see a few people in the café. I jogged cross the street and opened the door to the shop.

The warm smell of hot coffee and baked goods hit my nostrils like a blissful invader. I shivered as the heat wrapped around my freezing body. The place was so cool, with booths and small tables along the walls. In the center of the shop was a big round table with couples sitting on it.

There was an area towards the back corner where there were tables and booths with stools and love seat chairs there were shelves with books and lop tops. Like a little lounge or hang out. The shop was beautiful. As I was apprising the place, a tall blonde girl approached me. Probably around my age, her eyes sparkled as soon as she saw me and I noticed that look right away, she liked me for what she saw. I was used to that but that only made me angrier. She came close to me and immediately acted concerned.

“Oh my gosh, are you ok do you need anything” Her tone was flirtatious and strained as if she was trying to make her voice sound softer. Her tone just irritated me, “no thank you,” I said gruffly at her as I walked passed her and went into the men’s restroom.