Chapter One

A/N: Howdy.

=¥=

His bare feet thump softly against the damp earth. His location was unknown to him but he didn't feel lost, he felt almost as if he was on his way home as he made his way down forest trail.

A small path guided by a small glimmering light and lined by trees. His feet pressing against soft grass with each step as he neared the end of the path. Arriving at a small pond that's water glowed a soft blue. It radiated a comforting warmth that whispered come closer. The soothing sound of water pouring down lightly caught his attention- At the foot of a small waterfall stood a woman.

Her back turned to him but her aura felt familiar. Her ebony hair spilt over her shoulders like ink, covering most of her bare back. Without thinking he stepped into the blue water, letting the liquid submerge his body until it reached his waist- Soaking his brown-cloth pants and wetting the bare skin of his lower torso as he trudged closer to the woman. He didn't know why but he felt as if he had to reach her, as if she was his final destination.

Finally, once he stood behind her, their bodies almost touching she turned her head to look at him. Revealing deep brown orbs that made his soul quake. She held herself, wrapped in her own arms as she gazed at him over her shoulder. Almost like she was afraid, one wrong move and she would vanish from him forever.

However, Robin lifted his hand, reaching past her shoulder and let it stay there- Waiting. Slowly, one of her angular hands slipped into his, bringing the back of his hand to her lips. Letting them brush against his ever so softly before nuzzling her nose into where her lips touched. His hand left hers only to cup her cheek, her own coming to make sure his hand didn't leave her face.

Tenderly, Robin urged her to turn towards him fully. Reluctantly, she obliged. Her body turning to face him as her big brown eyes stare into his innocently, making his heart palpitat. She looked so vulnerable, scared that he might judge her. Slowly and softly his thumb carded over her cheekbone and gently she let her forehead rest against his chest. His chin rested on the top of her head, and for the first time in long time he actually felt like he was finally home.

"Robin!"

He looks down to find the woman was gone and his surroundings now glowered an eerie green- Overwhelming him with a scary sensation.

"Robin!"

His blue orbs flew open, gasping loudly as he shot upwards from his cot. HE turns his head sharply to see Joshua, one of the younger members of the Merry Men. No light shone into tent and crickets still chirped their midnight song. "What?" Robin asks harshly, he didn't enjoy being woken up so late at night, especially when he was having that dream.

"Some of the Merry Men broke into the Queen's castle-" That sentence alone was enough to make his blood run cold. "-Her knights have them cornered just at the outskirts of camp." Joshua explains. "Come quick."

Robin pulled a loose white cotton shirt over his bare torso, he didn't bother with his boots before sliding quiver over his shoulder- Bow in hand as he follows Joshua out of his tent. Some of the newer and younger, untrained, members were already scrambling to pack up the camp so they could make a quicker escape.

"How long did you know of these plans?" Robin asks the younger lad pointedly.

"I woke up just before they left-" Joshua admits shamefully. "I should have told you sooner."

"Yes you should have." Robin agrees as they reach the spot his fellow Merry Men were being held. The two crouched behind a bunch of thick shrubbery as Robin eyed the situation. Quietly, he leans into the adolescents, "Go wake the others, tell those who aren't trained to help pack the camp and the others to meet me here." He whispers. His hand grabbing Joshua's wrist before he can leave, "My sure my son is safe. Tell Friar Tuck to take him far from here." Joshua nods and scurries off without a sound. He had a promising future as a thief: A good moral compass and while his skills were a little rugged but held potential.