Chapter 30

Shoutout to

@dreamerslanee

@_ezpdarling_

@nlovell

Thanks for all the comments guys! This chapter was uploaded becuase of these comments. I will now only update based on the number of comments I receive!

PS. Chapter 29 ended with Sarah and Axel kissing in the parking lot and Connor viewing them from Josh's car.

Chapter 30

Connor's POV

What. The. Hell. 

The kiss only last for maybe five seconds but it feels like an eternity. 

I'm away for a few months and all of a sudden this happens?

I pinch myself twice before I accept the fact that some kid has his hands all over my girlfriend. And he's a little Mexican punk. 

Josh slips back into the driver's seat while Rayna wanders towards the picnic tables. 

"Do you wanna go back home man?" Josh asks, looking at me. "'Cause I don't mind driving you back."

I clear my throat before I can talk. "No man. I just need a minute." 

Josh hands me his keys then follows after Rayna. Sarah and I are still making eye contact when the boy she kissed leans down to kiss her again. She turns her head and he kisses her on the neck instead. I don't stop looking until I see his hands start to roam. 

Looking away, I stick Josh's keys in the ignition and turn up the music. A minute later Sarah and loverboy are gone, most likely meeting up with the rest of the group. 

I still can't believe my eyes. Sarah looked like a... She looked like a whore kissing that other guy. As much as her actions sadden me, I feel more angry than anything. 

I leave for a few months and suddenly she's sucking face with some cholo. It's absolutely disgusting. 

After half an hour, my phone buzzes. 

I'm sorry. 

I throw my phone on the floor, disgusted by Sarah's shallow text message. Sorry. I come home to find out she's been cheating on me and all she has to say is sorry? 

I almost want to spit in her face. 

After another minute, I turn Josh's car off, pick up my phone, and wrap my scarf around my neck. It's time to confront this problem. 

I walk up to where the group was only to find a skinny redhead talking to a Latino kid with a strong accent. 

"Where did everyone go?"

The redhead looks startled and looks to the Latino kid for help. 

"Um." He says, confused. "I... I doo nawt know yew."

I sigh and run my hands through my hair. 

"I'm so sorry. My name is Connor." I stick my hand out and they both eye me suspiciously. "Umm. I'm friends with Sarah. The black girl? She was wearing jeans and the grey hoodie? I'm also good friends with Josh Blume. I got a little lost finding the group."

At the mention of Sarah, the redhead lights up. "Ohh! You must be Connor Rough!"

I try to smile. "Yeah. That's me."

The girl shakes my hand. "I'm Cathryn. Sarah has told me a bit about you. She seems to like you... A lot." Cathryn smiles sweetly at me. 

"And I am Lorenzo." The Latino kid offers me his hand and we shake. 

"Do you know where she went?" I ask shifting from foot to foot.

"Avery bawtie vent to ze cawndy shoop." Lorenzo says in a thick accent. "Maybe they still thair."

Cathryn smiles affectionately at Lorenzo's English attempt. "You can also try the walking trail. I know Josh and Rayna went that way. Everyone is kind of all over the place."

"Thanks," I say, waving. "We'll talk again soon." 

I take off towards the candy shop, unsure of how I'm gonna deal with Sarah and this kid. 

One thing is for sure: they're not getting off easy.