Chapter 35

Sarah’s POV

“You know you really didn’t have to come over?” 

Rayna spins around at my desk chair.

“Yeah. I know. But I wanted to.”

I roll my eyes then laugh. “Whatever floats your boat.” I slip on a pair of light-washed skinny jeans and a pink tank top. “How about this?” 

Rayna scrunches her face. “It’s raining outside and you’re meeting for coffee, not going to the beach.” She opens my closet and looks through my clothes. “Here,” she says, throwing me darker jeans. I catch them right before they hit my face.

“Put those on.” I do as she says and I’m left standing in darker jeans and a pink tank top. 

“And here.” Rayna throws a mint green Hollister hoodie at me. “Just put it on top of your tank top.”

I pull the hoodie on then look at myself in the mirror.

“This is not sexy Rayna.”

“You’re not trying to be sexy Sarah.” Rayna rolls her eyes. “You’re sorting things out with your ex-boyfriend.”

“He’s not my,” I pause. “Well. He’s. I don’t know.”

Rayna laughs. “And that’s why you need to figure this out.” Her phone buzzes and a few seconds later, she’s texting furiously. 

“What?” I ask, looking at her screen.

“Josh asked me to have dinner with him tonight at LB Steak,” Rayna says, overly excited.

“And?”

“And what?” Rayna looks over at me confused. 

“Why are you so giddy?”

“Because I’m having dinner with Josh.”

“But you always have dinner with Josh,” I counter.

“I know.” Rayna smiles again. “I just love being with him.”

I can’t help at smile at how far Josh and Rayna have come. “I really love the two of you together.”

Rayna’s smile is the one she reserves for when she talks about Josh. 

“I know.”