Untitled Part 2

***

(Mabel's PoV)

***

The amount of the infected hadincreased over the last few days. Mabel thought they were lucky thatDipper had the foresight to gather supplies when they could. If hehadn't, they would only have had old stale junk food to satisfy theirhunger, instead of actual food. Dipper had been acting stranger andstranger with each passing day. Normally in 'zombie' movies, the malelead would be strong, intelligent, and of course, have some kind ofmilitary, or police training. Also they usually already knew how touse a gun... but this wasn't a movie.

Dipper was intelligent, but strong...he wasn't... unless you counted will power, and mentally. Mabelcounted those things, but she wasn't sure that would be enough... notthat she didn't feel safe with Dipper, she feared for him, each daythat passed she saw less and less of him, as he stayed awake duringthe nights, just staring out the doors, as more and more of thethings surrounded the gate. Growling and pushing at their only formof protection. Mabel wondered how long the old fences would last, ifeven more showed up.

Mabel looked over to Dipper, sleepingpeacefully on the mattress, she used at night. Now this was the onlytime she saw him peaceful. He hardly spoke to anyone, other then whensomeone asked him a question, usually her. Wendy had tried, but itseemed that she realized something was wrong long before Mabel had.

"Hey, Wendy?" Mabel looked at theolder teen, that still stood above her, leaning against the counterreading a magazine, that had to be over ten years old.. After fouryears, her and Dipper had barely reached five foot, five inches, andwere still considerably smaller than most.

"Yeah," Wendy turned from themagazine.

"Do you know what's wrong withDipper?" The older teen jerked her head to look at Dipper.Obviously she thought Mabel meant now.

"No... I mean he's been actingweird..." Mabel shifted her feet a bit. "I mean...weirder thansomeone would in a... well I'm not sure how you are supposed to actin a situation like this."

"From what I've been able to get outof him at night. He's the only one that's actually killed thesethings out of us." Mabel nodded, she had assumed Wendy had killedsome to get here... maybe she was lucky enough to get here, beforethings got really bad. "So... I'm not sure what he's going through,but I can't imagine that killing friends... and family, even if theyare these... things, could be easy."

"But I can't..."

"I know... Dipper knows. It's notyour fault Mabel. You don't like violence... much less killing. Youknow we have to... but still you just can't, can you?" Wendy sat onthe floor with her back against the counter. Mabel followed suit.

"No... but if I had to... I don'tknow." Mabel looked to the floor... it was hard for her. She knewshe had to... but at the same time, she felt like it was wrong. Sheknew these people were not the same people she knew... but it washard to tell that, when she saw the faces of friends and people sheknew. "What about you... Have you...?"