conversation (1)

"richard!" he calls out.
"where is that little shit.."

richie can't help but let out a little chuckle as he walks into the small office, "sorry i'm late boss," he slurs, swirling the small flask of goat blood and vodka in his hand, "but hey!" he takes a quick gulp from the flask, "at least i'm here, right?" he grimaces as he plops into the seat in front of his "boss".

his boss' name is stan. stan is fed up with richie's bullshit.

"kid, listen, we both know you're a little shit." stan sighs, "but.. today is important." he adjusts the collar of his button up shirt. the same one he's worn for the past three hundred and sixty-nine years.

"oh yeah? and why is that." richie pipes up again, looking at stan with a smirk and a cocked head.

"the big man wants to see you, richard."

richie's hands go numb, and his face flushes a shade of white.

"the big man? you mean, the big man? as in.. fucking satan?! " richie says in disbelief.
stanley only nods and takes a seat in front of the boy.

"why the fuck did you wait until now to tell me?!" richie yells, immediately discarding the flask. finally stanley breaks into a smile, "what? poor little richie didn't wear his buisness combat boots today? did he wake up on the wrong side of the bed? huh?"

"that's not funny, man!" richie recoils, running a hand through his hair, "do i look okay? fuck, fuck, fuck.. what do you think he wants?" richie looks at stan.

stan only shrugs in return and laughs, "it's not my problem. it's yours." he smiles at richie and glances at the clock.

"oh would you look at that! it's time for you to pay a visit to the big guy!"

the clock had just struck 6pm.

stanley waves and opens up a door behind him. "you have fun now!" he laughs as richie slowly walks through the door and into the hallway he only goes to when he's in trouble. (which, quite frankly, is very often.)

his hands tremble as he knocks on the large door in front of him.

"richard tozier. come in. i've been meaning to speak with you about a few things."

/

"you want me.. to curse someone?" richie repeats.

"yes, yes i do. william denbrough, the poor thing. sadly, that lovely man in the sky has already sent one of his pesky little angels to guide him after the loss of his brother, but we can't have that, can we?" the large man leans over the desk in front of him.

"n-no sir. we can't have that." richie replies, voice nearly cracking.

"splendid!" the man booms, leaning back and letting out a sigh. "i'm so glad we can agree on this."

richard lets out a sigh of relief. "so.. when do i start?" he asks, looking up into the mans eyes. without hesitation, he replies.

" right now." the large, red man smiles.

/

"hello, william. my name is eddie."

the tall boy is asleep, eddie standing next to him. he whispers carefully to the sleeping teen, adjusting his hair and smiling down at him. he mumbled quiet things to william; sure not to disturb him.

"i hear some of your friends call you bill? that's a lovely nickname. i think it suits you."

eddie kaspbrak's job is to guide bill in anyway possible, being sure to protect him under any circumstance. to help him lead a healthy, happy life.

edward was a standard angel, and though there were different classifications for said angels, he was assigned a human to assist. his specialty was children or teens that have gone through a traumatic experience.

for bill, his younger brother george passed away. the two boys had always been closer than anything else, they'd rarely fight or even get mad at each other.

on a very rainy autumn afternoon, george would beg his brother to sail boats with him in the water that flooded the gutters outside. but sadly, that day bill was sick, and stuck in bed.

bill was kind enough to whip up a tiny paper boat for him to entertain himself with.
excited, little georgie slipped on his bright goulashes and skipped alongside his boat in the water.

but..
after that afternoon,
george never came home.

it had been almost a year and bill was in denial that he was truly, truly gone.
but he was gone whether bill liked it or not.

eddie's job is not to help bill forget about his beloved brother, but rather have closure and leave him with a sense of safety in knowing that his brother is in a good place.

know that georgie is watching over him from a place of love.

eddie is here to help william remember his brother. every bright smile, every late night game of hide and seek..

george may be physically gone, but he will always be with bill.
and eddie's purpose is to make sure he knows that.