Chapter Ten - And now for something completely different

He Tian was in Cheng's car, on the way back from the police station.  He was quickly learning that he had this innate ability to drive both his brother and his brother's lover crazy with very little effort at all.  Wicked evil grin.

    "So can I go over to school and tell Mo?"  He Tian took out his phone pretending to get ready to send Momo a message.

    "No!"  Two voices rang out in unison.

    "Why?"  He Tian was a picture of innocence.  He began typing, making sure his brother could see him doing it.

    "Are you a fucking toddler?  I said no, Qiu said no, it means no!"  Cheng was getting that vein on the side of his temple that always appeared when He Tian was pissing him off.  Excellent.

    "But I've told Mo almost everything now, he knows about my uncle.  Surely I can tell him I'm an undercover spy?  Like fucking James Bond, but cooler, more asian."  He Tian was secretly pumped that he was 'undercover',  it was like something out of a manhua.

    "WHAT PART OF NO IS NOT GETTING THROUGH!"  He Cheng's voice was loud in the car, he swung around and snatched Tian's phone from him.

    "Count to ten.  Stop baiting your older brother you little shit, I want you both thinking clearly."  Qiu's normally quiet, calm voice sounded frustrated as he drove them through the city.

    "Hey give me back my phone Cheng, or I will kick your gay ass."  Tian held out his hand for his phone.

    "You annoying bastard, try it!  I will pull out my gun and shoot you in the knee."  He Cheng patted his shoulder holster, where his gun was nestled under his arm.

    "Wow harsh, did you hear that officer? He's going to shoot me, his own brother.... I'm hurt."  He Tian's tone was dead pan, sarcasm heavy in every word.

    Qiu pinched the bridge of his nose.

    "Look you're giving Qiu a headache Cheng, you better stop being so loud."  He Tian patted Qiu on the shoulder in sympathy, like this was all Cheng's fault.

    It was He Cheng's turn to pinch the bride of his nose.  He drew in a huge calming breath.

    "Are you finished?"  Qiu looked at He Tian through the rear view mirror and arched an eyebrow.

    "Yup."  That was fun.

    "We leave for the prison at 3.30pm, but you need to go show your face at your apartment as well as the office or they're going to get suspicious and think you're dodging your duties."  Cheng threw Tian's phone on the dashboard for the moment, then turned around and looked at He Tian seriously now.

    "Great."  He Tian's felt himself tense up at the thought of going back to his apartment.  Apparently Cheng had been over several time to mess up the bed, leave rubbish and move dishes around in the sink and on the drainer.  If his Uncle decided to turn up it would definitely seem like Tian still lived there.

    "We will drop you off at your apartment, then you can make your way to the office, I will be there.  Qiu has to go over to the Jian house."  Cheng reached for He Tian's still unlocked phone and proceed to mess about with it for a while as he added Qiu's number into the contacts list.

    "Okay.  I need to get some more stuff anyway."   Tian was thinking he could really do with a warmer coat and more clothes.  This time he was going to grab his passport and some money he had stashed in his wardrobe safe, never know when you might need to leave the country.  There may be police assurances of safe haven and witness protection, but if it all went to shit, he wanted a plan B.