Chapter 1

The next morning arrived as one Owen Grady sat on a chair with purplish marks under his eyes. The night had been draining as he heard the various screeches of his raptor from down the hall causing him to lose an extensive amount of sleep. Eventually, the lab technicians, along with other doctors, proceeded to inject the creature with various sedatives. However that did not help him rest. He raised the creature since infancy, but here he was waiting to discover its fate.

"Owen..." Claire called softly, a minor hint of sleep deprivation on her own face. Only it stemmed from concern she had for him, not the creature's consistent protests.

Owen glanced at her, still attempting to fight his exhaustion. Not that it made much a difference. He only cared about his raptor and Claire. His physical health did not matter. At least not in that moment.

"What?" He asked flatly.

"I know you're worried but trust me, this could work. Blue is strong." Claire said as he simply looked away from her. As if on cue, a woman in a lab coat walked in, earning Claire's attention.

"Mr. Grady?" The woman called. Owen didn't look at her. He couldn't. He feared the worst for his pet.

Claire sighed as she looked at the woman. "Yes?" She answered on his behalf.

"Blue is stable and we are ready for you to see her. If you're ready to see her of course." The woman said.

Owen sighed before standing up, finally facing the woman in the lab coat. He then gave her a small nod earning a nod back.

As the trio made their way down the off white halls, the dark haired man from the night before appeared.

"Dr. Wu." Claire said surprised.

"Hello again Claire. Owen." He said earning a nod from Claire. Owen simply muttered a brief hello as Dr. Wu nodded once again. "I came to accompany you both to explain the events of last night. For starters the transformation was a success, howe-"

Owen stopped dead in his tracks when he heard the word "transformation".

"Transformation? What do you mean transformation? What did you do to her?" He asked

"Mr. Grady if I may finish." Dr. Wu said, hoping to calm Owen.

Owen then nodded with a slight frown.

"Good. Now she has taken human form and we did take into account her estimated age, so she will have the appearance of a young woman in her late teens to her early twenties." Dr. Wu explained.

"Will she remember anything?" Claire asked glancing at Owen.

"Unfortunately she won't remember her life in captivity or her siblings. She may remember Owen, however seeing as he raised her. As far as speaking, we aren't sure just yet. Hopefully she won't have to learn."

Owen sighed as they began their walk again. The information Dr. Wu provided was a lot to take in at once. His only concern was for Blue. He raised her as his own, but here she would be with just himself and Claire with no memory of her past. Only faint memories of him.

They finally came into the door as a sleeping Blue was seen, no longer as a raptor. Instead a young girl with a fair complexion, long brown hair, and a slender frame. Owen and Claire watched her in a state of shock and awe. This was indeed the first attempt of splicing human DNA, creating the first and only dino-human hybrid.

"I'll leave you both to it." Dr. Wu said, while the other woman and himself saw themselves out. Owen and Claire stood there, unsure of what to make of the girl in front of them.