LETTERS 5&6

One day, soon after receiving Robert decided that he needed a little break. So he decided to have a weekend full of self-care. No letters. The trip reminded him how much he loved the countryside. Fresh air and cottage cheese had made him feel like he was in paradise. It made him forget about and remember Kristen. Once, he had shown her the countryside. As an animal lover, she appreciated riding a horse.

A couple of days later, Robert had to go back and continue reading. He invited Tom over to discuss the fifth letter over a glass of beer.

"Dude," Tom would never stop repeating, "Why don't we just read all the letters?"

Robert, like always, was saying that it wouldn't be that interesting. But Tom begged him today to read more letters. Robert couldn't be stubborn. He wasn't Kristen, who was as stubborn as a mule.

"Yay!" , Tom cheered. Robert shook his head disapprovingly and opened the fifth letter. This time, it had been cut so badly, that the actual shape she had been aiming for looked nothing like a heart or whatever it was supposed to be.

14.02.2008

Dear Robert,

Today is Valentine's day. I am alone. Are you alone too?

I don't hate Valentine's day. I just wish you could be now with me. Rob... I don't know how to tell you, but... I like you. In that romantical way. I know, I know. How am I supposed to know that when I don't know you that well? We may not have met much after the auditions, but phones are a miracle, aren't they? A heartfelt conversation before bedtime is the recipe for a potential friendship.

I am not sure what will be your reaction when I tell you in reality, but I want to see you soon. I wish we could be filming together already. I am impatient!

Yours truly,

Kristen

Robert hadn't finished reading the letter when Tom had begun opening the sixth one. It smelled like an expensive perfume.

"Ooh! A love letter!", Tom cooed. Inappropriate. Robert glared at him and started to read the 6th letter.

29.03.2008

Dear Robert,

Today was the first day on the set. I was dying until this day. I finally met you! It was an amazing day! The perfect one! The filming of the scenes was incredible! I really enjoyed working with you!

The cast was very nice to me. Ashley and Nikki accept me as one of them rather quickly. It makes me proud that I can fit among the grown-ups easily and not just my peers.

I expected me and you to kiss each other's cheeks like the professionalists. But we didn't even do that. Now that I think about it, it makes me feel awkward that I have a crush on you. Especially since now I know that Nikki likes you too and that you are going to go out.

I suppose the only thing I can do is be as supportive as I can be.

Yours truly,

Kristen

"Oh, Kristen," Rob mumbled. "Back then, I used to feel the same way as you have had too."