Chapter Five

Hours have gone by, your legs wobbling in pain. A burning sensation trickles from your feet all the way up to your thigh with every step you take.

"Sensei, May we PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD stop, just for a few minutes?" You ask, for the third time. The other two times you got no response.

"According to this map there should be a hot springs up ahead." Kakashi states as he looked at map. "About another hour or so and we will reach it."

You let out a groan, earning a look of disapproval from your Sensei.

You roll your eyes and keep walking, falling quite a few feet behind the group. You take a deep breath and let it out rather loudly, your best friend taking notice and falling back to meet you.

"Are you seriously going to be this whiny the entire mission?" He asked, his voice low and somber.

"No no no, don't you go all mysterious bad boy act on me now mister. It took me years to break that surface!" You say, picking up on his old mannerisms.

"Yes you may have broken that surface, but no one else has." He gestures at Sakura, who is practicing hand signs with Naruto. "I don't need her thinking I'm soft. I don't need any one thinking I'm soft. Because I'm not."

He glares at you, and for a moment.... you almost believed him.

You both break out into a fit of laughter. Yes, Sasuke has always been known for his bad boy, sorrowful attitude, but after he released all of his anger in helping defeat Lord Orochimaru, he loosened up quite a lot.

"When are you going to tell her?"

Sasuke looks at you, confused about your question.

"When are you going to tell Sakura about Gaara San?"

He rolls his eyes and takes a deep breath, letting it out in frustration.

"I told you I didn't want to talk about this."

"I feel like you're leading her on."

"Leading her on?! I have told that girl countless times I am not interested, and that she needs to focus more on herself than swooning over me!" He scream-whispered defensively, making sure the pink haired girl didn't hear him.

"Kakashi Sensei seems to think Sakura is in love with you. Maybe, if she new that you liked the pee-pee and not the vuh-jay-jay she would stop persisting you."

Sasuke looked at you weirdly, chuckling to himself. "You're the only person I know who can make me laugh by saying such obscure things."

"It's a blessing and a curse. Now, maybe you should pull her to the side and have a talk with her about it. Stop hiding who you are Sasuke... there is no shame in loving the same sex, embrace your relationship with Gaara." You sigh, subconsciously glancing at Kakashi. "Not all of us are as fortunate to have someone like that."

Sasuke puts his arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him.

"You'll find that person some day, (y/n). Just be patient." He whispers in your ear, a small smile forming on your face.

"Ehhem." Kakashi clears his throat, suddenly appearing behind you and Sasuke.

You look at him, noticing a hint of anger in his eye.

"Everything okay Kakai Sensei?" You ask, concern showing on your face.

"Oh I'm just fine (y/n.) We are close to the springs so if you two could stop your canoodling and catch up with the rest of us, it'd be appreciated." And with that he pushed past y'all, walking back to the front of the team.