Chapter Two

She was fully awake now walking with him down the road to where he was taking her. She was thinking of the past hour while she walked. She woke to his hand on her mouth,"Princess don't make a sound as your life depends on it.", He whispered in his low tones. The smell of cinnamon and sake filled her senses, and she knew who was waking her and possibly even why.

She nodded her intent to listen and to do whatever he wished. "Good," he said as he released her mouth and he moved slightly away from her form. "Pack a bag of only what you will need for a few days. You have to leave most of your belongings though; I have to make it look like you were taken by someone other than me."

With that, she was up throwing some clothes into a bag. He wouldn't be here if he didn't know something. She knew she had to do what he said and quickly as the look of calculation in his ever-scheming face was becoming even more difficult. She stood and didn't say a word just nodded at him. He began going through her room like a whirlwind scatting things here and there, messing her futon up and making it look like there was a struggle. He nodded back and opened her door and peered into the darkness of the hall. He motioned to her and took her hand as they made their way slowly and carefully out of the castle. As they rounded the side of the building her room was housed, they both looked up and saw a light was now flickering in her room. She looked at him surprised and began to follow him closer as the scurried down to the road. She was acting on his instincts now, and she knew she would do anything he told her too at this point. Fear bloomed inside her for the first time in months she was scared for her life.

They walked to his manor which was the furthest from the castle. Instead of going through the front they sneaked around the back over a wall and to the rear of the palace. He again tugged her hand and pulled her into his room. She stood there as he moved something on his shelf and she heard the catch of the hidden latch and the shelf moved wide as an opening appeared. She thought to herself as she looked at this highly secretive and highly unpredictable man," of course he would have a hidden room in his manor."

He motioned for her to follow him and still be quiet as she did. He then placed the bag of her belongings against the wall and motioned for her to sit down. He had closed the door behind them, and the lanterns in the large room had been previously lit for her arrival. A futon was placed on one side against a wall, and it was covered with silk and what looked like a thick cover. She looked at him, and he again motioned for her to sit on one of the cushions he had placed in here for her use.

"What is going on?", she asked.

"After the disastrous introductions of the visitors and their unplaced anger towards you I had a few of my men follow certain members. It was clear they would try to do something to force a deal with Nobunaga if their—- charm- didn't work." He began. The way he spit out the word charm showed how disgusted he was with the visitors plan.,"They planned to kidnap you and force themselves upon you as a way to force us to accept being allies."

"Oh?" Was all she could say until she smiled, "So you decided to kidnap me to keep me safe?"

"A little more than that Princess, yes I removed you from the situation and also left a little clue as to who actually holds you, hostage. We will now be catching whomever actually set the plan into motion, and then you will be found and returned safely."

"Thank you, Mitsu. Thank you for seeing to my safety." She softly said.

" You thank me for your safety do you not realize that I now hold you captive?", he asked snidely.

"Yes but you hold me captive to ensure my safety not to hold me as your prisoner." Again spoken softly.

"Think what you will. As most people do not come here for social calls, you may use this room and my own however you wish; however you can not be seen even by my staff. Though I trust them, everyone will be upset at your disappearance, and I cannot take the chance that your appearance in my manor will out even with the best of intentions.", he said back.