Chapter Four

The day dragged for him. He wanted nothing more to go back to the manor and see her. He had meetings and sent scouts to places he knew they wouldn't find any intel all the while keeping his eyes on the visitors who had planned her kidnapping in the first place. He thought back to how he nearly missed them and if only a few minutes later in his plan she would not be safe in his manor but indeed kidnapped and in their hands. He banished the thought she was safe as he shuttered slightly at the thought. Masamune had just gotten back and saw Mitsuhide's internal shutter from behind. He walked over to report he found no word or sighting of her from his scouts in the forest. He placed his hand on Mitsuhide's shoulder," We will find her." He calmly said.

"I know.", Was the reply. He had already given too much away he couldn't let Masamune know, not yet.

"Why don't you come over for dinner tonight?", he asked as was his standard for really stressful times.

"Thank you but no. My staff will be already fixing something for me.", he responded trying not to think of going home only because it would be his happiest place to go.

The two heard the visitors along with their translators walking around and both had dark expressions when they saw them looking at them.

"Ahem?", one of the younger men started, "Have you heard anything on your Princess yet?"

"No" was the reply in two voices.

"Oh well you do know how women are, she probably took off in the night to go somewhere probably with a lover...", the young man said smugly.

Masamune tensed And Mitsuhide chuckled, but it wasn't from humor. "She might be with a lover, yes, but it would be out of the ordinary for our Princess to leave without warning. Of course, there is also the state of her room." He replied, " Our women are not so careless or callous to leave like that."

"She isn't one of your women though, is she? She was a gift. I do hope your lord at least got to use his gift before she disappeared.", He spat out. Only to hear a voice from behind him as the two warlords in front of him tensed to the point of a reaction of lowering their hands to their swords. The voice in the back deep and furious, "Regardless if she was a gift and she was a precious and treasured one, she is one of ours. She has her own mind, and her own heart what she does with either does not concern us. She is family despite her birth, and she will be protected as such for all of her days.", Nobunaga looked at the young man with such distain.," If she had a lover she would not hide the fact; it is doubtful she could. She was not sent here to us to be used; she is too much to all of us to be used and discarded."

The young men all choked at being so nicely slammed in their place and at the disgusting innuendo of their Princess's behavior. "Oh well women, you know, are really nothing more than pawns in a game."

"Maybe to you women are nothing but pieces in a game, however, we treasure ours.", Nobunaga had cut him off and with the switch of his fan began to walk away as did the group of asslings. He stopped and turned to both of his men and said his voice low, "Well who could blame her if she did." And with that, he laughed and walked away.

"What was that?", Masamune confused looked back to Nobunaga's back as he left.

"Nothing I am sure.", Mitsuhide brushed off. Since Nobunaga knew the truth that in fact she did take a lover and probably went willingly, he wasn't far off the mark. He went to send more scouts off and then to speak with Nobunaga to really tell him what was going on.

The discussion with Nobunaga went far deeper, and later then he had hoped. He told him of his watching of the visitors after the introductions at the great hall. He went on to speak of his idea and decision to hide her until it was safe, also about the fact he had been just in time and discussed what he had seen in her room as the made their way to his manor. Nobunaga was not happy, he wasn't however particularly upset with him or the princess but what had to lead up to this. He remembered the Princess's warning about them and realized he is indeed the one at fault. He didn't let that show though. He wondered how they would fix this mess and catch who threatened the Princess's well-being. He had no doubt that Mitsuhide would weave one of his master plans, so he gave his leave to do so. He was grateful he knew she was safe. He had taken her on after she saved his life as a good luck charm but she had made her own place here in Azuchi, and she was a treasured gift that arrived from the heavens that night. He did care for her not as a lover but a trusted friend and in these times that was not to be overlooked. He knew his allies and vassals also felt the same way about her very much. He looked at Mitsuhide and then revised that thought almost all his allies and vassals felt that way about her one loved her beyond reason. He dismissed Mitsuhide with the view and let him go to her as he would. Tomorrow they would continue to search for her or at least pretend too until they could discern who in their visitor's party was a threat to her.

Mitsuhide all but ran to his manor. The moon was rising, and he hoped she was well in her loneliness. He walked into his manor, and all was quiet. He padded to his room and opened the hidden door. She was contently sitting on her futon reading one of the books he left for her. She glanced up and nearly blinded him with the radiance that was her smile. He stood still as she got to her feet and she flung herself into his arms. "Were you a good girl today?", he asked chuckling as he dropped a kiss on her golden hair.

"Maybe. Did you behave is more the correct question?", She gaily replied. She snuggled closer into his chest as he bent down and picked her up. "What—- are you doing?"

He didn't answer; instead, he turned and carried her out of her hidden chamber and then used his foot to open the screens to his room that opened into his yard. There was a small lake in the middle and trees of all sizes there. She had not paid to much attention the first night she was here, but it was lovely. He brought her out to under a tree he favored it had a nice look over the lake. He then sat down and put her on his lap facing him. He reached for her head and again lowered soft kisses upon it. "I did behave, Princess." He whispered,"But I don't think I will now."

"Not so fast." She said. Which stopped him rubbing his hands over her sides. His yellow eyes snapped to met her soft light ones. "Oh don't give me that look Mitsuhide. I haven't seen or talked with anyone today except for you this morning." Her face tinted to a soft pink and he smiled at that." I am used to meeting and talking with everyone in the castle. I need to talk first then you can have your fun."

He looked at her and shook his head. "Fine, my princess."

She smiled triumphantly, "Any ideas yet on who tried to kidnap me?"

"No, but Nobunaga knows you are here. With me."

"Oh really?"

"He asked me this morning where I had been and then told me to pass you a message," he readily replied with his razor-sharp smirk. "You shouldn't mark me in places that are visible." He leaned over and caught her lips before she could blush.

"Oh.... so he is okay with my being here.... with you."

"I would not say he is okay with anything, but he accepts it and knows as long as you are here you will be safe."

She nodded at the answer and leaned into him. As she did, he loosened her light kimono and bared her shoulders to the moonlight. He rubbed his hands against her soft pale skin and moved lower to her midriff. She moaned softly and looked up at him. His eyes were wild and burning she shivered in response, and he lowered his head.

"Now can I worship you, my Princess?"

"Wo— " she was cut off by his mouth, and when the kiss threatened her memory, he replied,"Oh yes my princess worship is definitely the correct word."

They were far enough from the manor that anyone did not hear her soft moans and his deeper ones. Every time he sent over the edge into the great bliss he would cover her mouth with his and drink in the sounds her ascent into heaven. He waited until she was back coherent enough and he would begin anew. She lost count how many time he threw her over the edge, but he didn't. He was building her up again when his on need was great, "This time we go together." He huskily murmured. She nodded, and he moved harder, and as he took her mouth, they both were sent over the edge into oblivion.

He came to his sense first. She lay on a carpet of grass covered with his kimono tucked safely over her in his arm. He had no idea the act could be like that. He knew they had to go back inside he took his clothes and quickly dressed while wrapping hers around her as he picked her up and carried back into the manor. He brought her to her hidden space and laid her down still asleep. He brushed her hair softly and went to find some food that she would want when she awoke.