Best Friends//Nutwhisker X Reader

I feel as if Nutwhisker, Yellowfang's brother, is a very underrated character. So I wanted to give him a chapter. :3

You on a patrol with Nutwhisker and some other cats. Nothing exciting had happened. It was just a normal patrol marking borders. You were itching to get back to camp. You liked that you were only marking borders. Once you made it back to camp, you went to go rest. It was a dawn patrol after all. "(Y/N)!" You sighed and looked at Nutwhisker. "What's up?" You laid down next to him. "Wanna share? Maybe later we could go on a walk?" He asked, blushing a little. You giggled and nodded. "Of course!"
You ate with the brown tom. You liked him a lot and you were pretty sure he liked you back. You glanced over at Rowanberry, his sister, and she smirked. You rolled your eyes. "Don't mind her. She's been hinting that we're going to be mates for a while." He told you, smiling. You smiled back at him. He got up. "Do you want more prey or are you good?" He asked. You got up as well. "I'm good." He nodded, smiling and trotted into the forest. You went after him. He almost always kept a smile on his face.
You didn't mind it at all. It was adorable actually. "So..." He looked at you. "What are some things I don't know about you?" He asked you. You rolled your (E/C) eyes. You nudged him lightly. "You know everything about me!" You purred. He shrugged. "You never know~" He sat down on a rock. You sat down next to him. "What about you?" You asked him. He chuckled, tapping your nose. "Sweet, innocent, (Y/N). Sometimes I have secrets."
You laughed a little bit. "Like what?" He started trotting again. "You'll never knooow!~" You sighed and went after him again. He started running off. "Hey!" You ran after him. For a ShadowClan cat, he was pretty fast. Nutwhisker stopped and turned to you. You stopped yourself from crashing into him but you touched his nose as you stopped. You quickly turned away, blushing.
"Sorry!" You mewed, your (F/C) fur growing warm. He blinked his amber eyes. He smiled, blushing. "It's fine..." he said awkwardly. He pressed close to you. "Uh...what are you doing?" You asked. "Apologizing..." He told you, ears flattened. You nodded. "Righttt..." His brown fur was heating up. "Wait, for what?"
He stopped. "Umm..." He blushed more. "F-For running..." He lied. One of the things he was bad at was lying. "Spill!" You mewed. "You can trust me!" He shook his head. "I-I can't!" He turned to you. "I'm sorry, (Y/N)! But I-I love you!" He quickly buried himself into your (F/C) fur.
You felt your fur stand on its end. You slowly smiled. You nuzzled him back. "I love you too, Nutwhisker..." He blinked then purred.

(Time Skip)

You nuzzled your kits as they slept. Nutwhisker came in. "How's my lovely family doing?" He purred. "Fine." You told him. He nuzzled you and looked at the kits.
"We never did pick out names for them." He looked back at you. You looked at them. "Well...I like (K/N) for this one."
He nodded then looked at the small she-kit. She was a mix of both of you.
"And this one will be (K/N)."
You nodded. "What about the other two toms?" He asked you. "This one (K/N) and you can name the last one..." He smiled. "Then his name will be (K/N)." He purred. You nodded and nuzzled your mate. Everything seemed perfect now...

Yay! I <3 Nutwhisker so much more now! It's been a while since I've read Yellowfang's Secret but I remember just loving him and had no idea why. Anyway, I really liked writing this and I hope you guys like it!

Up next: Don't Avoid Me//Sneezewing (OC) x Male!Reader