Chapter 15

One day, Emily was walking around town. Lately, she had been thinking a lot about her feelings for Henry. Even though they had been best friends for awhile, she had started to see him as someone more than a friend. She was starting to like him. But she didn't know what he was going to say. She didn't want to ruin their friendship and she was afraid that he wouldn't feel the same way for her. But, she couldn't keep them to herself any longer and had to tell Henry. She walked to his house. When she got there, she knocked on the door. Regina opened it.

"Hello Emily." Regina said.

"Hello Ms. Mills." said Emily.

"Is Henry home?" Emily asked.

"He is." She called Henry and he came downstairs.
"Hey Emily." Henry said.

"Hey Henry." Emily said. "Want to hang out?"

"Sure." Henry said.

"Be back by dinner." Regina said.

"Ok Mom." Henry said, walking outside. Regina closed the door behind him.

Henry and Emily started walking. "How have you've been?" Henry asked.

"I've been good." Emily said. "What about you?"

"I'm good too." He said.

"I'm glad you asked me to hang out." Henry said.

"Why." She asked.

"Because I want to talk to you about something." He said.

"I wanted to talk to you about something as well." Emily said.

"Me first." said Henry.

"Ok." Emily said.

"We've been friends for awhile and I consider you my best friend." Henry said.

"I consider you my best friend too." Emily said.

"Lately, I've been thinking of you as more than a friend." Henry continued. He waited to see what she would say.

Emily was a little surprised, but then she smiled. 'So, he felt the same way.' She thought to herself. "Really?" Emily asked.

"Yeah." Henry said. "What did you want to tell me?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about." Emily said. "I feel the same way."

"Really!" Henry said. "

Yeah." said Emily.

They smiled at each other and hugged. They went to hang out at the castle. When they got there, they put their crowns on and pretended they were a King and Queen. "So, how have you been?" Henry asked.

"I've been good." Emily replied. "And you?"

"I've been good, as well." Henry said. Emily nodded. "Are you glad to be back with Dr. Whale?" Henry asked.

"Yes." Emily said. "Are you glad that your mom and grandmother are back?"

"Yeah." Henry said.

As they were playing, something weird happened to Emily. She noticed that her hands were glowing pink.

"What's that?" Henry asked, looking at her hands.
"I have no idea." Emily said. Just then, something shot out from Emily's hands. Emily and Henry looked at each other, shocked. "What was that?" Emily asked, a little freaked out. "I don't know what's going on?"

"I think that was magic." Henry said.

"What?!" Emily said, starting to panic. Another blast came from her hands. "What do I do?" Emily pleaded.

"I don't know." Henry said. "But just calm down before it gets out of control."

"You're right." Emily said, calming down.

"I'll talk to my mom and see if she can help."

"No." Emily said. "You can't tell anyone."

"You aren't going to tell Dr. Whale?" Henry asked.

"Not yet." Emily said.

"But." Henry started, but Emily cut him off.

"I don't want anyone to know." She said. "This has to be our little secret."

"You have to tell him." Henry said.

"I'll tell him when I'm ready to." Emily said. "Do you promise not to tell anyone?"

"Ok." Henry said. "Yes. I promise."

"I'm going to head home." Emily said.

"Ok." Henry said. They hugged and they went in different directions.

Emily stood outside her house, trying to compose herself so Victor wouldn't ask her any questions. When she walked into her house, she didn't see Victor anywhere. "Victor?" She called out.

"I'm in the office, Emily." Victor said. Emily walked to his office and saw him sitting on the couch, reading a book. "Hey pumpkin." He greeted her as he set his book down.

"Hey." She said, joining him on the couch.

"How was your afternoon?" Victor asked.

"It was good." Emily said. "I hung out with Henry."

"Did you?" Victor asked.
"Yeah." Emily said.

"What did you guys do?" Victor asked.

"We just hung out at his castle." Emily said.

"Ok." Victor said. He noticed that something was off with Emily. She had a weird expression on her face. "Are you alright?" He asked. "You look a little shook up or something."

Emily sighed in her headed. She apparently didn't do a good with composing herself. "I'm fine." She said.

"Are you sure?" Victor asked.

"Yeah. What did you do this afternoon." Emily asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, just worked on some files and charts." Victor said.

"Ok." Emily said. She went up to her room to grab a book and came down to the office, sitting on the couch. Victor and Emily both read their books.