Chapter 31

Emily and Victor stood, looking around. They realized that they were back in their land. "What happened?" Emily said.

"I guess the curse brought us back to our land." Victor said.

"Oh ok." Emily said.

Victor and Emily walked in their house. They looked around at the home they haven't been to in 28 years. They then, went to the lab. They walked in and saw Igor. He saw them and looked shocked. "Victor! Emily!" Igor said. "You guys are back!"

"It's good to see you again, Igor." Victor said hugging him. Even though Igor was his assistant, he considered him his friend and had missed him.

"Where have you guys been?" Igor asked.

"It's a long story." Victor said. "I'll explain it later."

"Ok." Igor said.

"I'll be right back." Victor said. He walked down a long hallway.

Emily followed him. "Are you going to go see your brother?" She asked.

"Yes." Victor said. Once they got to the cell his brother was in, Victor unlocked it and walked into the cell. He saw Gerhardt sitting on a bench. "Gerhardt." He said. Gerhardt looked up at Victor. "Victor." He said. Victor went over to his brother and hugged him. He had missed him so much. "I will find a way to save you." Victor said to him. He walked out of the cell and locked it back up. Later that night, Emily, Victor, and Igor were having dinner and Victor was explaining the story of where they have been.

A year went by. Victor had spent months desperately trying to save his brother, but he had no luck. He finally gave up and killed Gerhardt by shooting him in the head. Emily was sitting on the couch looking at a picture of her and Henry together. Many times over the year, she had pulled out this picture and thought about Henry. She thought about where he was and what he'd be doing at the moment. Victor walked in and sat down next to her. He saw Emily looking at the picture. He knew how much she missed Henry.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

"Ok." Emily said. "Just thinking about Henry." She started crying. "I miss him so much." She said.

Victor put his arm around her and held her. "I know you do. I'm sorry." He said, comforting her. "It's going to be ok."

"I'm never going to see him again." Emily said, continuing to cry.

"Don't think like that. I'm sure you'll see him again." Victor said. He handed her a tissue.

"You don't know that." Emily said, taking the tissue.

"No, I don't know that for sure." Victor said. "But I have faith and you should too." He smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Thanks Dad." Emily said, hugging him.

"You're welcome, sweetie." Victor said. He hugged Emily and kissed her on the top of her head. Just then, they were poofed to somewhere else.