CH 9- Dinner with Collin

For their second date, Collin took Liz out to a nice dinner. Liz had told her mother about her previous date with Collin, but they both agreed it would be best to leave Red out of the loop for the time being.

"Are you girls sure I look okay?" Liz asked Donna and Jackie as they helped her get ready for the date.

"Okay? No. You look great." Jackie affirmed.

"Quite stellar." Donna agreed.

"I'm nervous. It's like a fancy date. I'm not fancy. What if I make a fool out of myself?" Liz fretted.

"You've eaten before right?" Donna asked. Liz nodded but was confused. "Then I think you'll be okay. All you're doing is eating dinner. You do it every night." Donna assured her. Thinking of it that way did make Liz feel better.

"Just be ladylike. Don't burp in front of him. Make sure you don't have food on your face or in your teeth. For God's sake, use a cute giggle." Jackie ordered. Liz nodded, wide-eyed. "You'll be fine." Jackie told her confidently.

"Alright, I think I'm ready." Liz said, looking at herself in the mirror one last time. She was wearing a burnt-orange-colored dress that ended just under her knees. She had on brown boots, earth-toned eyeshadow with burgundy lipstick, and her hair was pulled back with a headband.

"You look great." Donna encouraged as they walked down to the basement to wait for Collin.

When Liz stepped down into the basement, Hyde was somewhat mesmerized. Sure, he had seen her dress up before, but never for a date. It was different this time.

"Oh, my goodness, Liz. You look beautiful." Fez complimented.

"Thank you, Fez." Liz smiled at him.

"I wish I was the one taking you to dinner instead of Collin." Fez pouted, making Liz chuckle.

Hyde found himself wishing the same thing. Hyde wouldn't mind taking Liz to dinner all dolled up, especially if he got to kiss her at the end of the night. Hyde knew it was dangerous thinking, and he wouldn't be able to afford taking her to a fancy restaurant.

"Hey, Liz. Looking pretty good there." Kelso said flirtatiously and threw an arm over her shoulder. Liz pushed him away and Jackie hit him on the arm.

"He's not wrong, Lizzy. Collin's in for a treat." Hyde winked, making Liz blush.

"You guys are such creeps, that's my baby sister." Eric chastised.

Just then, they heard a car horn from outside.

"Oh, that must be Collin. I told him to knock on the basement door." Liz said disappointed.

"Hmm, what a nice guy, doesn't even come to the door to sneak you away on a date." Hyde said sarcastically.

"Yeah, you'd think the stranger you met at a disco would have better manners." Eric joined in. Liz rolled her eyes.

"Wish me luck." Liz smiled nervously at the girls.

"Good luck." Jackie said.

"Have fun." Donna smiled encouragingly.

"Please do not fall in love with him." Fez begged.

"Show him a good time." Kelso said suggestively, making Jackie hit him again.

"What, he's buying her dinner?" Kelso asked confused.

"So?" Jackie asked angrily, hitting Kelso another time.

"Bring me some leftovers." Hyde requested, not looking up from his magazine. Liz scoffed.