Chapter 1

A/N: Hi! Thank you again for 1k reads on "I Don't Have a Choice, But I'd Still Choose You"! Here comes the first chapter of our second fanfiction. Enjoy!

Ramin was making his way towards Starbucks. He usually wouldn't go there because of lack of money. Sure, he wasn't poor, he had enough money to live in the outskirts of New York, but he still had to be aware of what he spent his money on. He was working as a guide on the American Museum of Natural History and that was a job he didn't really like, but he didn't have anything else to do. After high school he actually went to college, he did musical theatre. However, he had never gotten any job in a musical. To be honest he had only auditioned for one role, but he didn't get it because he was too young. After that he had never dared to audition for another role again. After collage he instead got the job as a guide and he had now worked with it for a year. Liking it or not, it gave him money to survive, but a big part of his salary went to transportation to and from the work. But today he had gotten a pay rise and now he wanted to celebrate it with buying a coffee on Starbucks.

Walking in the shop he noticed that it was very empty. Well, it was located close to where he lived which meant that it was far from New York's core, but it was still weird for a Starbucks to be empty. He walked over to the counter and was met by the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. She had her red dyed hair in a pony tail, green sparkling eyes and perfectly shaped face. He couldn't find another word than perfect to describe her appearance.

- Hi! she smiled. What would you like to have?

Snapped back to reality he didn't know what to reply. He hadn't decided that before coming in so now he had no idea. Her eyes burned in his face as he looked on the prices and he felt himself blush slightly. Why did he act like this?

- Ehhh, I would like a skinny venti vanilla latte, please.

- Anything else?

Her voice was light, and his heart skipped a beat. He normally wouldn't act like this, what was wrong with him?

- No thanks; he smiled back.

Her nametag read Sierra. It was an unusual but kind of cute name. He liked it.

- Okay, what's your name then?

- Tony; he answered automatically.

Ughh, why did he say Tony? Sure, it was his Starbucks name, but it felt silly when he said it to her. In almost panic he added:

- But my real name isn't Tony. It's just my Starbucks name.

Damn it! Why did he say that? He felt extremely stupid and quickly looked down to his hands, so she wouldn't see him blush for like the 100th time.

- Do people have Starbucks names? she giggled. I didn't know that. What is your name then?

- Oh, I'm Ramin; he said surprised of her reaction.

He thought she would look at him like he was crazy, but she seemed to be quite entertained and interested. Relief spread through his body as he continued:

- I go with Tony because it's easy spelled, you know? Sometimes Tony comes out wrong too, think about if I would say Ramin.

- How do people think Ramin is spelled or pronounced then? she asked.

- Mostly it's Ramen. I say Ramin and it comes out as Ramen.

At this point she started laughing and he decided that he liked her laugh too.

- But sometimes I get Raheem. "Raheem! Your coffee is done!", I mean, come on! he said in a jokingly voice and started laughing too.

Maybe he was too much, but at least it made her laugh and her laugh was beautiful. He felt so cliché, but it was true. After a moment of laughter, she told him his total and he paid for it. Then he sat down by the counter, so he could see her and if she wanted to, she could come and talk to him. Not wanting to be creepy he tried to not stare too much at her, but the problem was that her Starbucks uniform looked unnaturally good on her.

After approximately 5 minutes she looked over at him.

- Well Raheem, your coffee is done; she smirked.

- Thanks!

He took the cup and walked towards the door, his heart pounding in his chest. Before he closed the door behind him he looked back and met Sierra's gaze.

- Bye Sierra!

She gave him a wondering look. Of course, she hadn't presented herself and she had forgot about her nametag. He pointed towards his chest where his nametag would be if he had one. She smiled.

- Bye Ramin!

He waved and then closed the door behind him. She remembered how to pronounce his name! A warm feeling spread in his stomach and a smile grew on his lips. As he started walking he looked back at Starbucks and saw Sierra looking at him from the window. When she saw him looking at her she quickly looked away. He continued walking and looked down on the mug. Instead of Tony it said Raheem. She was too cute. Even if he would have to eat noodles every day that month he knew that he would come back to Starbucks the following day, and eventually the rest of the days too. Sierra, a girl he just met and a girl who he fell for instantly. Just because he thought she was cute it didn't mean anything, right? Love at first sight is just an expression, nothing that actually happens.