♰•Thirty-Nine•♰

As Jungwoo walked down the long hallways of the school he could see people smiling at him and giving him the odd wave. He could here faint 'I'm so glad your back' or 'you must have been pretty exhausted after what you did, glad your feeling better'.

He was lying to far more people than he originally thought.

"Jungwoo! Your back!" A voice yells as an arm is slung around his shoulder. Doyoung mutters a quick apology when he accidentally pulled a feather on his wings.
"Were you ill or something?"

The angel laughs a little, it sounded forced but he hoped the ghost didn't notice "I had a lot on my mind. I wasn't sleeping well and my mood was a little down...but don't worry I'm fine now! Back to normal" he smiles brightly only to earn a bright smile in return.

"Good! Everyone's been talking about your absence, I had no idea your were so popular Jungwoo" the ghost mumbles as they carry on walking past the smiling beings that linger in the hallway.

"Neither did I" Jungwoo furrows his brow slightly. When did he get this popular? Had he been this popular since the start of the year and just never paid any attention?

"But then again I'm not surprised your so popular, you did the most angelic and kindest thing in the world"

What? Now Jungwoo was confused. He had a fear that a few rumours would spread around whilst he was absent but he wasn't expecting this.

"W-what?" The look of confusion on his face was enough for Doyoung to give him a smile and a small head shake.

"You seriously don't know?" He asks only to earn a shake of the head "well, the day before you disappeared from campus, news got out that you saved that devil, oh what's his name?..."

"Lucas?"

"Yas! Lucas. He accidentally ate a wild pixie fruit that that weird little faerie was using for some potion, and it stopped all use of his supernatural gifts..." as Doyoung was telling the story Jungwoo was still trying to figure out if this was true or not.

"...he decided to go for a walk in the forests that surrounds campus and found himself lost, because he lost all use of his gifts, he couldn't see in the dark or teleport out. Then you show up and bam, provide all the light he needs to help him get out! Your a friggin hero! Why on earth would an angel want to save a devil!?"

Jungwoo stood completely stunned for a moment, letting the whole story sink in. It was definitely a lie, but wouldn't Lucas be furious that someone had made him seem so weak?

"O-oh, yeah that...it was nothing" Jungwoo laughs awkwardly and presses the palm of his hand against his neck.

"You seriously are a hero in this school. Anyway I have to get to class, I'll see you at lunch!" And with that, the ghost evaporates into a blue mist before disappearing completely.

Suddenly a thought came to the angels mind and he turns on his heel, beginning to walk the opposite way to his class.
He only had one location in mind. His and Lucas' closet.

The corridors started to empty and the angel stood alone, his eyes burning holes into the closet door. Once he was sure everyone was in class he takes a few slow steps towards the closet and reaches out for the handle.

Taking a deep breath in he turns it and swings the door open only to be met with a very smug looking Lucas.
His back was leant against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest and that ever so tempting smirk plastered on his lips.

"Do you forgive me now?" His voice was low and his brow arches as he waits for an answer.

Jungwoo just stares at the devil for a moment, still trying to process everything that had happened in the last few minutes.

He mentally curses himself before quickly moving into the small closet and pulling the door shut.

•••••
A/N: The good stuff is starting guys ;)