Chapter 34

Emma's P.O.V.

As soon as I ran out of the door I regretted yelling at Jason and running out. I heard him behind me, but I didn't want to face him after all of that so I kept running. I didn't know where I was running to, but I was just going to keep running until I found the perfect place even if it was raining. While I was running I passed the place that my dad would take us when we got good grades or we did good at a game or anything like that. That's when I thought of the perfect place to go to.

When I got there I didn't even look at any of the other graves. I just sent to the most important one; my father's. It wasn't the biggest grave in the cemetery, but to me it was perfect. Like it captured his soul. My favorite part was at the bottom. The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him. Even though her didn't go to church my brothers decided that we would put a bible verse on the bottom of the stone. We didn't know which one to go with so we chose the one that made us feel the most emotion.

I sat down by the grave and noticed for the first time that I didn't have a jacket on. I guess that I was in to big of a hurry to grab a jacket. I sighed but i didn't make any movement to get up and go back to the house. Instead I started talking to my dad.

"I know that you always told me to listen to my brothers, because in the end they wanted what was best for me so they would make the right decisions. Yeah well I haven't been making the best decisions lately. I didn't mean to, but I yelled a Jason and then I ran away right afterwards. Before you died you told me to never run away, because something bad could happen and I promised you that I wouldn't. Well I'm sorry, but I just broke that promise. I hate breaking your promises, but I still haven't broken the promise where you told me that I wouldn't turn into one of those girls who drank and smoked until they had to go to the hospital, because they didn't take care of themselves. I don't think that I could ever break that promise." I didn't even notice until they fell onto my legs, but I was crying. I took a deep breath before I continued. "I miss you. I miss you a lot. I wish that you were still here to save me from the boys and from myself. Sometimes I catch myself about to do things that I shouldn't and I think about what you would want me to do. I love you." I whispered before I laid down. I could tell that I was shivering, but I couldn't do anything about it since I didn't have a jacket or anything to keep myself warm. I didn't know that I had fallen asleep until I woke up in the back of a car with many blankets covering me. I looked over and saw Brody next to me.

"Brody?" I called. When I spoke it didn't sound like it was my voice at all.

"Emma?" He questioned looking at me.

"Where are we?" I questioned. The last thing I remembered was falling asleep in the cemetery.

"We're in the car on our way home." He answered pulling me closer to him as I continued to shiver.

"Do you think that they are mad at me? Are you mad at me?" I asked jumping up. Whenever one of my siblings was mad at me I always felt so bad that I wouldn't be myself until they weren't mad at me anymore.

"Emma of course they aren't mad at you. Of course we are disappointed that you ran away instead of talking to us, but nobody is mad at you." Mason answered before Brody even opened his mouth.

"Okay but what about Jason. I yelled at him. Omg I yelled at him! He's going to be so mad and then Ethan is going to be mad at me for yelling and Emily is going mad at me for not talking to her and everybody is going to be mad at me for something!" I yelled as tears started pouring out of my eyes.

"Emma listen to me! Nobody is mad at you. They are just happy that we found you before anything bad could happen. The worst thing that is going to happen is you getting sick from being out in the rain. Okay?" Brody commented lifting my chin to make me look him in the eyes. For some reading they helped me calm down and I was able to breathe again.

Soon we pulled up to the house and i slowly walked to the door.

Omg I am so sorry! I know that this took forever, but it is here now and I hope you enjoy it.