Revenge

Jughead's POV

The next morning at school, I told Sweet Pea my plan. I was going to make Malachai pay if it was the last thing I did. Taunting The Serpents and I is one thing, but now he's coming onto Betty, and that won't stand.

"Jones, I don't know about this," Sweet Pea said to me as he leaned against his locker. "Think about it, Pea, and stay with me. There's one of him, two of us," I replied, keeping my voice low.

"That's a point. And a good one, too," he replied. "This will all work out as long as Betty never knows," I replied, nudging his shoulder slightly.

"I'm in. Switchblade?" Sweet Pea asked. "No. We're already ganging, we don't need weapons," I replied before Betty started walking up.

"Juggie, Sweet Pea," she greeted. "Ready to go to class?" Betty asked, her lips in a smile. "Of course, beautiful," I replied as we started heading to the Biology room.

---

After school was over, Sweet Pea and I met up in our planned spot, both of us making excuses saying we got called into Serpent business to get out of going to Pop's. We found out how to get Malachai alone so there wouldn't be any witnesses.

"Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in!" He taunted as Sweet Pea and I stepped further into the abondoned Southside alley.

"Jones," Malachai paused, looking at Sweet Pea. "And company."

"I heard you were flirting with my steady. My girl. That's not gonna happen anymore," I said sternly.

"What, you mean your fling? That lil' doll? Man, she seems sweet, huh? Corruptable, too. And to be honest her body language was telling me she digs me all different ways," he smirked sickly.

"Stay away from her, Malachai. That's not a request, it's an order."

"Since when do I take orders from you, Jones? Do you talk to you girl with that mouth? I mean, I could see why she wants me if you talk to her like tha--"

I'd had enough of Malachai by then, so struck him with my right hook, right smack in the face. He fell to the ground as Sweet Pea and I started kicking and stomping him.

I didn't like violence typically, but it was for Betty. That's the only reason I kept doing it. I had to get my point across to him and every other Ghoulie.

My point? Betty Cooper is not a toy and Betty Cooper will not be around any Ghoulie, let alone be taunted and teased by one.

But everything would be fine as long as Betty never knows about this.