Chapter 15: I No Longer Feel So......Alone

{Hey guys! I'm sorry for the lack of chapters, I was camping and school is starting, so, I might change updates to once a week.}

(Vixy's POV)

So, my thoughts on senior year? It's okay.

Right now, however, my mind is on one thing. Aaron. Not  my usual crush thoughts, like, worried thoughts. You see, earlier today during social studies, he seemed to have had some kind of panic attack and he had to go to the bathroom. He was there for a small while, but I remember that I had to do the same freshman year when I was having one of my major ones. He didn't even talk to Viv, me or texted poor Jas, who was sick.

I wasn't really hungry and was looking around for him. A few moments later, I saw him walking down the hallways, his head down, more than likely scrolling through his phone.

"Aaron!" I called out. He didn't answer, so I did it about two or three times before he turned around, covering his arm. "What?" he asked, kind of snapping at me.

I visibly flinched from his snap. He hadn't snapped at me since that day in sophomore year. I heard him sigh and saw him rub his forehead. "Sorry, Vix. I didn't mean to snap." he murmured.

I sighed. "It's alright, Aaron, I was thinking that you were....not yourself today." I slowly looked up at him, worry in my bright green eyes. "You feeling okay? You haven't talked to me or Vivian since social studies. Something bothering you?" I asked gently, hoping that I didn't trigger anything that would cause him another panic attack.

I could tell that his body had tensed up and saw him grip his arm tighter."I-I don't wanna talk about it, Vix." he told me, not looking into my eyes. There was a long pause between us before I spoke. "Okay, but I'm always open if you wanna talk to me." I said as I touched his arm, trying to comfort.

I saw him slightly smiled before he looked up at me, and I saw a small blush go across his face, but didn't say anything. "Thanks, Vix."

I gave him a smile as I rubbed his arm before moving my paw off of it, blushing and hoping that he didn't notice.

He then motioned for me to follow him. I tilted my head, but followed him. The both of us headed outside the school to one of the corners. He looked to see if no one could see us. 'What's going on with him?' Once the coast was clear, he slowly lifted his sleeve to reveal four deep cuts, more than likely fresh and recent.

I gasped. 'He WAS trying to commit suicide!' I yelled in my head as I moved my paw to touch his arm gently. I felt tears build up in my eyes as I looked at it longer. I slowly looked up at the maned-wolf fox in front of me, him probably looking up at the same time. "Aaron..." I trailed off, not able to find the words to ask him.

He lowered his ears and lowered his sleeve, and begun to tell me what had happened in class today. He even told me that he had PTSD and was having nightmares....I just stood there and listened. 

When he finished, I took a moment to gather my thoughts....I knew how he felt.

I instantly wrapped my arms tightly around him and heard him gasp. "Aaron..." I started out.

"I wish you had told me sooner because...I have something to confess as well." I took a deep breath and sighed heavily before continuing. "When mom, dad, Kelly and Meg all died in the car crash and Aunt Dawn died in her shooting, I thought I had no one to relate to. I-I thought that none of you or no one could ever know how I felt. But, now that you told me, I don't feel so...." I trailed off, not sure of what word to day.

"Alone?" Aaron murmured as I felt his arms slowly wrap around me. as well Not as tightly as mine, but comforting and gentle. I nodded and the two of us stayed that way in complete silence for God knows how long. I pulled away, my face flushing, but looking at him with a small smile. "Better?" I asked.

I could hear his heart beating harshly against his chest, but didn't say anything; to me, his heartbeat was calming. He slightly smiled and nodded. "Much better."he murmured. I felt my heart pound as I realized how close out lips were.  

'Do it!' My mind yelled at me. No, not yet. This isn't the moment Vix, control yourself.

Luckily, Aaron had turned his head away, scratching the back of it nervously. "C-come on. Lunch is almost over." he said.

I nodded and shook my head clear, my blush growing and my ears pressed up against my head. "Y-your right." I agreed and walked back to school, neither of us saying a word.

'I hope he feels the same way, cause I'm gonna admit it to myself right now, and god help me....I'm in love with the maned-wolf fox whose my best friend and like family.'