The Firefly Festival

(Shuichi POV)

I was sitting in class listening to the lecture as I took notes. Though at a certain point in time, I was distracted by a sleek purple haired figure staring out a window. He looked distracted, yet I couldn't really tell what was going on in his mind. This figure's name is Kokichi Ouma. He was clearly not the most studious person, but that didn't hold him back from getting a passing C grade nonetheless. He was the most mysterious of the class, I mean, I've had my encounters with him, but I never got to know the guy. I mean, it seems like no one ever socializes with him anyways, either from his mysterious aura or he pushes them away for some reason. I wanted secretly deep down to know more about him though, but as people say time flies by. The lecture was suddenly over and I felt a nudge at my side. I shook my head and looked up to see my roommate plus a best friend, Kaito Momota.

"Hey, Shuichi! There's a firefly festival tonight and I wanted to ask you and our roommates to come! You know, all the boys together doing fun activities until night time!" He chimed.

"Uh, I don't know, I have to study for a test on Monday," I spoke nervously. I wasn't the most outspoken person for my age, so I tried to stay away from most activities. I mean I had social anxiety, so social events weren't at the top of my To-Do list.

"C'mon, please! It's only Friday and It's going to be so much fun! There's face paint, snacks, and rides!" He beamed.

I know I'm going to regret it, but gave a sigh and answered, "Fine, I'll go, but you're going to have to study me this weekend for a whole day for this"

"Anything to make you go! Now, I gotta ask the others! Cya!" He replied as he ran out the door. I shook my head and grabbed my things from where I was sitting. I walked out of the classroom and decided to go back to my dorm. I mean I had to now go to this Firefly festival now, so I need to get ready now. I started to walk down the corridor and walk down some stairs to find my dorm which was on ground level. Though I swear on my way back, I thought someone was watching me. I never got a glimpse of who it was, but I did see their indigo purple orbs staring at me from afar. It could've been a trick of the light so I brushed it off and hurried to my dorm.

*** 

I opened my dorm and walked into my room to put my stacked books on my desk. I looked around the standard room full of decorations of our choosing. Although, It seemed Kaito was still running around campus because his side of the room was completely empty. I gave a sigh and walked over to my other two roommates room. I peeked in to see Amami with his nose in a book. I looked around for his roomie. 

"Hey, Amami, Where's Kiibo?" I asked looking around the room. 

"I think he's still in his lecture about Technology," He answered not taking his eyes off his book. "He'll be out soon though." 

"Did Kaito tell you about tonight?" I added. He gave a nod, still not acknowledging me as he was more focused on his story. I walked out and headed back to my room. I might as well get ready, so then I'll have extra time to read. I stretched a bit and then I started getting dressed. I looked around my drawer and grabbed the most comfortable thing I had then started putting it on.

 I looked around my drawer and grabbed the most comfortable thing I had then started putting it on