Thrëé

(Warning kinda sad start)

RON POV

I placed the bowl of soup down in front of my mother as she stared at the table with emotionless eyes. I saw Blaise give me a sad look as I sat beside her.

"Mom please. You havent said a word in almost two years. Not since dad got sick. Cant you please give me a smile or something?" I asked her.

She just continued to stare at the table. I sighed and grabbed her hand in both of mine.

"Please mom. Your grandkids need you. Your children need you. Dad wouldnt want you to do this to yourself."

She looked up at me and I thought she would say something but I just saw her look away before she stood up. She slowly started walking out of the room and after a short while I heard her bedroom door shut.

I felt my eyes watering and cross my arms across my stomach while leaning back in the chair. I heard a chair slide across the floor and footsteps get close to me before Blaise took the seat where my mom was and pulled me into his lap. I buried my face in his neck amd he wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"She'll open up eventually, love. Just give her some more time."

"Its been two years Blaise."

"I know Ron, but your parents were together since their Hogwarts days. They survived a war together, had seven children together, and many more grandkids together. You cant expect her to just one day say "fuck it" and she will snap herself from all of this. What if I were to get sick and die too? Youd be devastated."

"Yeah..."

"Just gibe her some more time Ron. She will be right as rain soon enough."

I looked up at him and smiled slightly before he kissed my cheek and put me back into my seat.

"Come on. Lets go check on her once more before Percy and Audrey get here to keep an eye on her for the day."

SARAH POV

(Also, I just relaized I had to correct myself in the last chapter because I kept saying Roy instead of Rick so sorry if there is any confusion ahead. I went back and changed it but if I missed anything you will know why. I shouldnt have given them all R names tbh lol. Its just like my family and A names. But there are 5 of is sooo.... Moving on! 😂)

I was out on a mission with Jeffrey, Roy, and a few other aurors when we heard an explosion from down the street. Roy and I quickly ran ahead before busting into thr smoking house and casting lumos to see around.

We ran upstairs while the others checked downstairs and Roy took the rooms farther away. I checked the rooks closer to us and made a mental note to be extremely careful through the rooms.

I opened one room and saw a nursery. I felr my eyes widen as I heard small cries come from the crib in the middle of the room. I walked over and pulled back the blankets to see a small baby crying in the middle of the bed. I looked around the nursery and figured she must be a girl from the giant pink bitterfly hanging above the changing table with the name Jamie
embroidered on it.

I picked her up and held her in one arm before turning around and coming face to face with a hooded figure. I was about to cast a spell but they cast my wand from my hand and I started backing up.

I felt myself hit the wall and ducked as a spell was sent my way. I ran around the room, protecting the child, while avoiding the curses.

I guess the noise was heard because Jeffrey ran into the room and disarmed the hooded figure who apparated from sight. I caught my breath as I fell against the wall holding the baby close.

"Is that-"

"Yeah. There was a baby here Jeffrey."

Roy and the other aurors ran into the room before we all left back to the ministry. Jeffrey and I were to report to the minster of magic while Roy and the others did some paper work.

Upon arrival the familiar glint of blonde hair made me smile. Jeffrey and I were greeted with a warm smile back as Uncle Draco looked at us from atop his chair.

"Hello you two. How did it go?"

"Wonderful until Sarah was attacked and we found a baby there." Jeffrey sighed as he leaned against the wall.

"A baby?" He asked before taking botice of the small bundle in my arms. "I see. Tell me, what do you plan to do with this child?"

"Well first we need to go back and see if there is any clue as to where the parents are. And until we get get a lead on them we should probably place them in a temporary care for now instead of just sending them to an orphanage." I nodded along with everything Jeffrey said befote staring at our godfather who was in deep thought.

"I see. What makes you think their parents arent the ones behind the explosion or everything happening in that town?"

"We need a lead first before making a final decision. We just also need to be ready for the possibility that is the case." I added as Jeffrey nodded.

"I see. Well then in that case. I know the perfect person to look after the baby while you two are finding the lead on their parents."

I saw him smirk before I racked my brain of who could possible be the one to look after Jamie. Until I figured out who he must be talking about.

Then I smikred too.

~~~~~~~~~

What is this? Two updates in one night? Can I make it three? We shall see. 😂😂