Chapter 6 - The first day of school part 2

Lucy's POV

"Come on!" Natsu Call's back. He's obviously not talking to me since he still has ahold of my hand. He's calling to Levy.

"I'm coming, but slow down! You guys are to fast!" She says completely out of breath. Levy is shorter than us so she has shorter legs. I pull on Natsu's hand and tell him to slow down. We don't live far from the school anyways. He still holds onto my hand and we start walking normally. I feel him raise my hand up to his mouth and kiss it gently. I love the feeling of his lips on me. They are so soft and gentle and his hand in mine just makes me feel so relaxed.

"Finally I can catch up!" Levy says right behind us. "Lucy. I want to tell you something. Be prepared at school." She warns. "For what?" I ask completely puzzled "Natsu is quite the lady's man and not because he wants to be. Every girl in school is or has been after him for a really long time. No doubt they will be beyond jealous when they see you 2 walking up to school all lovey dovey and holding hands. No ones ever gotten that close to him."

Natsu looks at me and shrugs "it's true. You'll be the envy of every girl in school in no time." He gloats like a kid. I laugh at him and he just smiles. 'Man he has a adorable smile' I think to myself.

We arrive at school. We have enough time before class for all of us to go to the main office to get my school ID and class schedule. Levy and Natsu both wait outside while I go in. Everything was waiting for me so it was really quick.

"Here it is" I announce to them and show them my class schedule at the same time.

I hear "aaawwww..." from Levy and a very enthused "YES!" From Natsu.

"You have all my classes but at the wrong times" Levy pouts.

"And you have all my classes at the same time with me!" Natsu says triumphantly. "That means you'll never leave my side Luce!" He says.

"Luce?" I repeat in a questioning tone. He blushes and reaches his hand behind him to scratch the back of his head. "Uhh yeah. It's short for Lucy. You don't like it?" He says while blushing.

He's obviously embarrassed.  I notice his body flex as he does that. The shirt he has on got tighter and really showed off his muscles. I feel my heart beat a little faster. "I like it" I reply with a grin and he relaxes which makes my heart rate slow back down. "It's just no ones ever called me that before.."

RRRIIIINNNGGG

"There's the bell!" Natsu says as he grabs my hand and my bag along with his and pulls me away to class. "See you at lunch Levy!" We both say at the same time. We look at each other and laugh.

We hear Levy yell "bye guys see you later!"

Natsu took me hand in hand all over school and to every class. He hardly left my side. It was nice to have someone care so much about me. Just like Levy warned we got plenty of evil and jealous stares but it wasn't just from girls. Guys apparently wanted to drool over me just as much as girls drooled over Natsu.

I knew to expect the girls but Nastu obviously didn't expect such a reaction from the guys. He pulled me close to him numerous times as he glared and growled at the guys that stared at me. It was cute, he was like a big pink haired guard dog. I giggled to myself when I thought that and Natsu looked at me and smiled but didn't question it.

It took a while to learn to ignore the stares. But it was near impossible to ignore the gasps when we walked into class hand in hand or with his arm draped over my shoulders. Even the teachers were shocked and that's saying something! We ignored a lot of whispers that day and come lunch time we were starving. We got our food together and I followed him to where he usually sits. We walked side by side and the cafeteria was just buzzing!