🥊Chapter 1🥊 Fighter

🥊🥊🥊

"Harder, punch harder!" I heard uncle Leroy demand

"Come on you're not gonna give up now, are you?" It was more of a statement than a question.

With every power, and might I had within me I fought harder, and harder. I'm not gonna give up.

And you might ask why? Begging me to just take a little break…

But no, I'm not the type to take a break.

That's not me at all  

He stood behind the boxing bag, almost all of his body covered with it. but knowing Leroy he was too built not to be seen. He held the boxing bag tighter as my punches got harder.

I was proud of myself I could feel my adrenaline growing faster, and faster. Soon every heartbeat sounded louder, and in pace with my punches. Beads of sweat dripping down my face like hot tears.

I could feel my body soaking with sweat. A couple more and he's down, is all that I kept repeating in my mind

Be smarter than your opponent, not stronger.

Leroy was exhausted that's when I struck, like a cheetah waiting for its prey. One hooked punch with my right hand send the boxing bag flying.

Since it was chained it flew right back, thankfully I grabbed it quickly enough.

'BAM!!' Was all I heard after that.

Wiping my arm on my forehead to get off the remainder sweat off. I quickly ran towards Leroy find him smiling, while seated on the ground.

"Good job kiddo" he said as I helped him up. I took of my bandages that were wrapped around my hands for protection.

"I told you I could do it Lee" I said gloating.

I couldn't help but jump around in his face proving myself right.

He just did that old man chuckle and patted me on the head, ruining my already messed up hair.

I slapped his hand away which made him laugh even more. " You sure you don't need that back checked?” I asked him jokingly.

"Com' on I'm not that old" he said putting his arm around my shoulder.

I just laughed.

This is me right now in a gym on a Monday at 6:00 am, with sweaty bodies everywhere. I train so I can be good at one thing in my life, but of course Leroy says I need to know self defense. I wouldn't blame him everyone I love is gone.

Leroy is my awesome uncle also known as Lee for short. He's my dads brother, I've been raised by Lee all my life I would say. I never knew my parents that's because they were murdered when I was a baby.

I never knew the full story, mostly cause no one spoke of it. But all my life I've been finding clues to why my mother and father were killed on the same day, and why?

They were just normal people... So I think. Leroy is the only family I got and I'm not losing him. He tells me stories about my family all the time, the good parts.

I just wish I could've met them... just once.

I'm just a teenager ready to graduate high school. Graduation wasn't the only thing on my mind. Finding the murderers who ruined my childhood was my number one priority.

It's like I can't sleep at night knowing he walks around the streets like a free man. They don't scare me, the murderer or murderers don't scare. No, what scares me is the next family they might ruin.