1. Into reality

No no no no no!

It was never supposed to end like this.

It wasn't supposed to end in death, or secrets, just some stupid roll up sleeping bag and a black backpack full of some junk. It was never supposed to end like this.

Like someone had manipulated me into doing this. Running the frick away. 

But did I really have a choice? That stupid camp's motto was 'We'll make you happy if you do us a favor' or some dumb line like that. Was I happy? Frick no. Of course not. They freaking tortured me. I was only, maybe 9, 10 is a possibility, when I arrived here. I remember...

Actually, I don't really remember anything before that. Just blurry memories of me in some stupid wheat field I was never going to see. Not now. Not now that the whole entire world has put a target on my freaking back. Not now that I had something to live for.

Something to live for? Like this guy, his name is Chance. He has swoopy brown hair that curls around the edges. And bright, charming eyes. Blue ones that have specks of green in them. They're the most beautiful eyes ever. And it was only yesterday I realized that I liked him. And he liked me. 

Okay, what I'm trying to say is, is that he kissed me. My first ever boyfriend.

Hard to think of someone like me with a boy. Much less, a boyfriend.

And these other girls and boys too. They were the best. My memories still fuzzy--but I can see them. Their ponytails whipping around when they laughed, bobbing their head back and forth. And their giggle fits, which some thought were cute--but to be honest, it seemed to be a symptom of some syrum that got injected into their seemingly empty brain.

But now these girls just seemed so hopeless. They would speak of their future; families they wanted, careers they wanted to pursue, traveling places they've never seen before. A whole bucket list they had wanted to do before life ran short. 

Now they lay in front of me, practically dead. 

Join them.

It was all my fault...

Stay with your friends.

They seek me for leadership, but now my advice crumbled them down.

Stick with your sister.

I couldn't do one stupid, measley job!

Run free with them through the clouds. They need you more than ever, now.

But I have to make this right.

End your legacy here. Drop the sword though you heart.

I must avenge them.

***

Wednesday, October 30th

Camp Trial and Error, Somewhere Northern California

4:52 p.m.

Three weeks before

"Abbigail," a girl's voice sung out. "Wake up before they do inspection." The voice hissed now, flicking my arm in an attempt to wake me. I fumbled around my bedsheets, not long after that. I saw the girl who was flicking my arm, Detretis, frantically placing everybody's bed in order. 

We were in a small cabin, though it could hold five fairly small beds inside. A few desks were lined in between the beds, some customized to the person occupying it. The floor was wooden, but was covered up in rags of all colors. Some would squint at it and say rugs--but it was in fact rags. They were sometime made from old shirts or pillowcases, but normally regular rags.