Above The Law

Author: RainyDaysDarkNights

Genre: Dark Romance, Mystery

Summary:

Every 107 seconds another victim is sexually assaulted.Sixty-eight percent of sexual assaults go unreported. Ninety-eight percent of rapists will never see the inside of a cell. Eden Summers was just another statistic. Too afraid to speak out, too afraid to seek justice. But justice comes in many forms. Justice as unethical as the crime itself, justice the city's vigilante gladly delivers with a blade through the offender's chest and an offer Eden can't refuse.

 While the masked man is determined to serve justice where justice is due, Detective Parker Yates is just as determined to keep Eden safe from harm's way and as close to him as he can. But as feelings between Eden and Yates become all too real--too dangerous--Eden has to choose where her loyalties lie; with the man behind the mask or the man behind the badge. But Eden can't deny it; the influence of the masked man is intoxicating. Roles reverse. Predators become prey. The prey becomes predatory. Yet, Eden isn't sure she's willing to play her part in the man's twisted game.

Personal Opinion:

This book is a perfect example of the type of books I read! I really enjoy suspense/thriller books with a twist and this book had all that plus a hint of romance which is always a bonus. And now that I've mentioned plot twist, can I just say that this book had one hell of a plot twist! At first I was like 'oh this is gonna happen' and then I started doubting myself and thinking something else will happen and then BAM! PLOT TWIST! It was unexpected yet expected. I highly enjoyed this story but just a warning, the romance might not be for some people. Other than that I think the story digs deeper than just it's words. It showcases the injustice in the world and how people are scared of speaking up about rape, harassment, etc....in fear of being rejected and isolated from society, of being labelled as a liar and a whore. Where exactly does the line between justice and murder blur? 

Status: Complete