Chapter 1

It was early in the morning. I had just woken up with little green dots in my eyes whenever I looked around. I looked at my calender to see that my birthday was the next day the most important day, the day that I would get my Hogwarts letter. I knew about Hogwarts due to my aunt Rose and my uncle William seen as my uncle was an ex death eater and my aunt was a pureblood witch both of whom went to Hogwarts.

I was just about to go back to sleep until I saw the street light flicker and heard the garden gate creek open outside my window. I jumped out of bed to see a cloaked figure walking up our garden path. I heard a soft knock at the door and shuffling down the stairs. I slowly opened my door to hear my uncle greet the figure and I heard that it was his best friend's wife, my best friends mother Narcissa Malfoy. My best friend was her son Draco and he was supposed to be coming over on my birthday. I crept on to the landing and leant against the bannister to listen more to what Narcissa had to say as they had moved into the living room. 

"Have you told Emma about her brother yet?" Narcissa asked quietly. "No we haven't had the heart yet we were going to tell her after her birthday." My aunt replied and I decided that it was time for me to let them know that I was there. As I walked downstairs I started to think about how much I didn't know about my life. "Told me what?" I asked curiously. "E-Emma what are you doing up at half past two in the morning?" Narcissa stuttered looking stunned. "I'm sorry if I sound rude Narcissa, aunt Rose and uncle William but I could ask you three the same thing." I said smartly. "She does have a point you know maybe we should tell her." Uncle mumbled. I nodded showing that I wanted to be told. "Very well but you can." Aunt Rose said. 

"Now Emma don't be mad at us because we were going to tell before but couldn't so here it is. You............... Have a slightly older twin brother. And that is the famous H........ Harry Potter." Uncle William explained. I just stood there open mouthed. They had always told me that was an only child but I had heard about Harry Potter and when he defeated the dark lord when he was only a baby. I also found it weird that we both had the same last name but didn't think anything else of it. The only thing that I could do was run so I ran upstairs, slammed my door and locked it. 

5 hours later

"Emma please come out you have been in your room for hours." Aunt Rose pleaded. "W-why?" Was all I could ask. "Why what honey?" "Why did you lie to me all my life saying that I was an only child and that my parents didn't want me so they gave me to you and then they moved to America. It was all a lie wasn't it." I said rather harshly. "Yes it was but we have our reasons." She half whispered. 

I had just found out that I had a twin brother and not just any boy Harry Potter of all people and that my parents were dead so they probably did want me they just couldn't have me and the only thing that aunt rose was bothered about was me going out of my room. I really only had two options go out of my room now or go out later which would be easier so I chose the latter and didn't say anything else. 

Around an hour later I heard my aunt finally go back downstairs and tell my uncle and Narcissa that I wasn't saying anything any more and that I was refusing to go out of my room.I tried to go to sleep but the sunlight and my own thoughts were preventing me from at least a small nap.

The next time I looked over at my clock it was 3pm. I still didn't feel like I would be able to stand up and actually walk out of my room, go downstairs to face my aunt, uncle and Narcissa. 

As I forced my self out of bed I dragged my feet downstairs to go and get the best food of all. Chocolate. As I reached the bottom of the stairs Narcissa came out of the living room, gave me a small smile and left through the front door.  Great one less person to face now. I thought sort of happy.

I went strait to the fridge and took out 1/4 of the chocolate that I had left and began to eat it. "There you are I just want up to your room to try and see if you would come out but no one was there so I thought that you had run away again. Like you did when that sheep had escaped and it was eating the flowers in the garden when you were 6 years old." My uncle said chuckling a little even I couldn't help but smile at that. "No I came down and got chocolate." I said after a while of silence.

"We are sorry you know." Uncle said apologetically as aunt Rose stood next to him nodding her head to say that she was sorry too. "It's ok just don't lie to me again." I said hugging them both.