Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning at half past five with the light reflecting through the black lake straight into my eyes through the small gap in the curtains that surrounded my bed. Today was the day that Hogwarts actually started. I got ready and went down to the common room to write a letter to my aunt and uncle. Once I had done and given it to the house elf that offered to take it to the owlery for me I went back upstairs and started playing with Ebony waiting for someone else to wake up.

Finally at half past six they started to wake up. "Morning." Astoria said sleepily as she started to get up. "Wow its just sunk in that it's our first day at Hogwarts." Daphne said really happy as she leapt up out of bed. Pansy sighed and rolled her eyes at her so I just glared at her she always had to try and get everyone as miserable as her and I had only known her for a few hours. I walked down the steps from the girls dorm to see Draco, Crabbe and Goyal sitting on the sofa like they owned the place. I chuckled softly as I approached them. "You three gonna come and eat." I asked pleasantly. "Yeah, yeah whatever we can make our own choices thanks Potter." I was taken aback at how mean Draco was being towards me. "Fine then!" I snapped and walked out not looking back at him.

Professor McGonagall handed out our timetables as we were eating breakfast. I barley ate because I was trying to find out what was wrong with Draco and why he was being so mean. As I looked at my time table I saw that I had potions with the Gryffindor's first so at least I would see my brother. I carried on talking quietly with Astoria about what we thought our lessons were going to be like until we had both finished our breakfast. 

We were walking to potions with Daphne and Millicent trying not to get lost in the large castle. We finally arrived at the potions classroom just as Professor Snape had opened the door to let the class in. As I walked past Snape to get into the classroom I could feel a pair of eyes on me. I turned around and saw Snape just looking at me. I thought he looked a bit upset but then his face turned emotionless again which confused me. The Slytherins and the Gryffindor's were on opposite sides of the room so I couldn't speak to Harry. "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class." Snape said without changing the bored tone in his voice.

He went on for a while just talking and finally set us off making a really easy potion which I did within ten minutes and earned slytherin twenty house points which made the slytherins cheer and brag about it to the Gryffindor house. My brother rolled his eyes at me.

I was walking out of class with Milliecent and Astoria when I heard a voice from behind me. "Emma! Wait up." I turned around to see Draco running to catch up with me. "What do you want Malfoy?" I asked annoyed. "Hey what have i done?" He said confused which made me more annoyed "Hmmm lets think. Well you have been horrible to her when you're around Crabbe and Goyle. You have been ignoring her when she hasbt done anything to you and also YOU haven't been the friend that she said you used to be. So if I were you I'd be thankful that she is even speaking to you right now." Astoria snapped defending me which I was thankful for because I wasn't really feeling that nice towards Draco at the minute. "Look Emma I'm sorry but I sort of have a reputation to uphold as the mean kid. Don't ask my father makes me. Mother is the only person who will let me be near you because if my aunt Bella was out of Azkaban then she difinitely wouldn't let me be near you. And I'm sorry but Crabbe and Goyle's father's are both friends with my father and if they knew that you and me were good friends then my father would be very disappointed." I sighed but nodded at the same time knowing what his father was like from what he had told me. "Ok I forgive you." I did defeated. I could never stay annoyed at him for very long.

After dinner me and Draco went down to the black lake talking about random things like usual. We started talking about quidditch and how we would both like to be on the Slytherin team and win the cup. This was how I liked it. Just me and Draco talking about nothing in particular but just enjoying each others company whilst it lasted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's a little bit shorter than usual. Anyway here it is so enjoy and like always vote and comment because some feedback would be nice to know if people like the book or not. Thanks. Bye bye. 😊