Chapter One

(Sonic's POV)

Shadow's screams filled the air, there was pure pain in his voice. The medics had started to work on him before giving any pain medication, if they said if they waited for it to kick in Shadow would be dead. But still, they could have at least given him something.

Shadow twitched violently as the paramedics shifted him, trying to get him into a stable condition. Oh god.. How is he even alive with this much blood loss?! They were trying their best to stop the bleeding but it was just too much. It was all over the paramedic and me, our clothes just soaked in splattered blood. I found the farthest corner of the truck as I watched them work on saving Shadow's life. I just couldn't believe what was in front of me. His arm was missing... His left arm was missing! Who in the hell did this to him?! Why did they do it to him of all people?!

Some rando came running up to me in the middle of my jog, just screaming for help. He kept mumbling and screaming that he found some man badly injured just down the cliff. He had already called '911' and they were just rounding the corner, with that he showed us were the man was. I still can't believe that it was Shadow who was this badly injured.

Shadow's screaming stop as he went completely limp, to the point where he looked like he wasn't breathing. Shadow's eyes stared at the ceiling, dazed and unfocused. The paramedic immediately started grabbing something else to put on Shadow. I was starting to panic that they might not save him in time, or that we won't make it in time. As more time was pasting, there was less time that Shadow had left.

By the time we arrived at the hospital, there were a few ER doctors already waiting outside for him. The paramedics rushed Shadow out of the truck as one was sitting on the gurney with him, doing cpr.

As we got out, the doctors were shocked at the amount of blood on our clothes. They all started to talk about medical terms and such, nothing made sense to me. I just followed them into the ER section, looking at the other people waiting as we passed by. They were terrified seeing us bloodied up, even the nurses were in shock. I followed them to one of the huge emergency rooms and nearly started to feel sick as they started to work on him. I saw how disfigured his shoulder look as everything was just torn out of place.

"Please. Wait out here. We'll try to save your boyfriend, but we need our space." A nurse said as she walked me back to the waiting room. Boyfriend?! He's not my boyfriend! We're just friends..

I tried to protest, but nothing came out. I just stood there, shocked as she ran back to where Shadow was. Shadow was my friend, he was crazy strong, he knew how to protect himself...

How... How did he end up like this..? What did this to him? It doesn't look like any normal person did this to him. The way the arm was torn off, and the multiple bullet wounds to the slashes on his cheeks. Nothing about that was normal.

"Sir.. Do you want a blanket?" A male nurse walk up, holding a warm blanket. "You seem cold.. You're not injured are you?" Looking at the blood all over me.

"N-No.. This isn't m-my blood.." The nurse wrapped the warm blanket around me and helped me sit down. He was about to say something but walked away instead as I was too lost in my head.

"Sonic! I-I got here as fast as I could!" Rouge rush over to me as she still was still in her uniform, gasping at the amount of blood covering me. "Oh god.. Is.. Is he alright?"

"Rouge... H-He's lost a lot of blood and his left arm is gone..." I sighed as the image of finding Shadow injured. I never want to see this much blood ever again... "H-His arm is gone..." I didn't know what I was doing. I was mumbling uncontrollable about Shadow and the horror I saw, that I didn't notice Rouge sat next to me. She was holding me in her arms as I was in my traumatized state.