Chapter Two

(Sonic's POV)

"Wh... Who's Sha-dow..?" Shadow's voice was quiet and raspy. He barely managed to even say a thing, little even move a muscle. We all just stood there, staring at Shadow as we didn't know what to say. He had to just be joking with us, right?

"Q-Quit joking around Shadow.. It's not funny.." Silver walked up, his voice shaking slightly. He laughed nervously as he stared at Shadow concerned. Yet he just stared at Silver, confused as ever. He didn't say a word as he tired to focus on us.
Then Shadow started to get more aware of his surroundings, noticing as wires were connected to him. He flexed his right arm, slowly reaching over to touch his left shoulder. Shadow started shaking as he didn't felt his left arm.

"I...I don't know... what you're talking about..." Shadow seemed to panic slightly, gripping his shoulder. He stared at the bed below him as his breathing seemed to quicken.

"Calm down..." Tails started, "Everyone just needs to calm down..." Tails walked over to Shadow, sitting down on the bed. "Do you remember anything at all...? Do you know where you are?" Shadow looked scared as he stared at Tails. Tails tried to keep his voice low and soothing as he watched Shadow.

"N.. No.. Am I supposed to?..." Shadow glanced at everyone before looking back at Tails.

I saw Amy covered her mouth, trying to keep her sobs quite. Silver looked away, covering his face with his long silver hair. Tails sighed and Rouge had tears running down her cheeks. I stood in the back of the room staring at him in disbelief. I couldn't move or think. Shadow forgotten everything... We've known each other since I was fifteen and he's forgotten everything just like that. The eleven years we've known each other. He's completely forgotten all of us..

Oh god... He's forgotten about Maria... The last time he remembered her from his amnesia, Shadow nearly killed me. Who knows how he'll react this time.

"We would like to work with him for a moment. It'll give you guys some time to think things over and cope." A female nurse said as she escorting us out. As we walked out I saw Shadow stared at the bed as he looked so helpless.. Something I hadn't seen in a very long time..

(Shadow's POV)

I don't know where I am or who I am. It almost felt like this was a dream. None of those people who seemed to know me looked familiar. They kept calling me Shadow but that doesn't seem familiar either..

H-How did I end up so injured? Or was I always like this.. D.. Did I really know those guys? They were so upset to find out that I didn't know them.. But how could I have known them when I don't even know myself?

"What is the last thing you can remember..? Anything at all?" A woman in a white jacket said, her name tag stated as Dr. Matthews. I just shook my head, not able to recall anything. It hurt each time I tried to think, but just what happened to me?

"No not really.. I remember.. Is waking up.. Some place dark..." I stared at the bed, coughing slightly. My throat was in pain and hurt even more as I talked.

"Nothing before that..?" I just shook my head, looking up at the doctor. She sighed, looking at a chart. She whispered something to the person next to her and walked away.

Only a few minutes later, everyone from before came back in. They all kinda surrounded around me, except for that blue haired man. He refused to look my way at all, but everyone else was around me? What was going on with him?

"Does the name Shadow Robotnik sound familiar? Familiar at all?" The tall silver haired one was the first to speak. Shadow Robotnik...?

"No... Why, is that my name..?" He sighed as he looked at the others before back at me.