The basement

My name is Jeremy, I live on my own well except my dog Sadie. She's a German Shepard and has always been my guard dog, actually she's really loveable but anyways this is besides the point, the point is I'm in trouble and I'm running out of time. It all started a few weeks ago when I first moved in, the landlord said it had been on the market for so long they were about to destroy it and rebuild it again, at first glance it looked dangerous, the yellow paint peeling off the sides of the house, the roof had a few spots where I'm pretty sure there were no shingles, it looked straight out of a horror movie. "I'll take it" I tell him the landlord was a scruffy buff guy who had gray hair and was a bit over weight. I decided to take a look around the place, when you first enter there's a living room and then a kitchen, then there's a long narrow hall way that held two bedrooms and a bathroom, on the far end of the hallway I saw another old looking door. "What's that?" I ask him pointing to the door, he takes a look at the door and then back to me "that's the basement, I wouldn't go down there though, no one has been down there in years" he says, let's fast forward to after I fix up the place and move all my stuff in, this is when things started to get weird. My dog Sadie would scratch at that basement door all night and growl. A few nights ago I couldn't take it anymore, I had to see what was down there. I regret that terribly though. I got out of bed and headed to the old oak wood door. Sadie moved out of the way as I turned the door handle but the door wouldn't budge. I take a few steps back then kick the door the door open. As soon as I opened the door a putrid smell filled my nose. I walk down the stairs with my phone as a flashlight and flash it around. At first all I saw were some boxes and old toys probably from previous owner but then a shadow moved across the light the flashlight was making. I quickly flashed over to where I had seen the shadow move and there I saw a pile of dead bodies. I almost threw up, I quickly sprinted up stairs and called the police. When they arrived they told me they had found my landlord down there with a bloody knife....who knows what he was planning on doing to me...