Prologue - Magic Shop

~~~

~~~

Min Yoongi had a dark, cold gaze as he walked into the equally dark and cold room with a steady pace. His eyes were narrowed into a glare that could spear right into your soul. His legs continued forward with a slight limp.

The one lightbulb dangling overhead of the empty room flickered. It would blink or falter for a couple of seconds before going back to shining the space. The room was small. A small square that made everyone's skin turn pale everytime they entered.

Yoongi hated this room. The Magic Shop. A twisted name that held no significance for any of them. This room was nothing close to Magic.

He walked three more feet until he reached a window. It was the type of window you see at the bank or movie theater. A glass separating the two, the small space being the only connection between the two. It was just big enough to slip a small object through.

Yoongi held his glare as he slipped in a yellow wrapped lollipop. The wrapper was wrinkled and faded from his harsh grip, specks of red coloring it. As he slipped in the small object, he noticed how dirty his right hand was. It was coal black and littered of small cuts while his left one held permanent scars that haunt him day and night. He shivered before walking away.

Park Jimin had looked down the entire time. He walked so slowly and carefully to the window, you might think he was walking on an edge of a cliff. Jimin was cold and empty, just like the room. He could still smell the faint scent of Yoongi (burnt wood) as he approached the window. He managed to lift his head and to catch a small glimpse of his reflection through the tinted glass. His right eye was swollen, his lip was cut and beaten, and small cuts were scattered over his face.

Jimin's breath hitched for a second when he gazed passed his reflection and saw a faint shadow behind the glass window. The familiar pound in his chest resumed. Jimin quickly slipped his small paper of a drawing before walking away.

Kim Taehyung was laughing. He played around with the light brown satchel bag that had a bandana tied to the end. He swung it up and down, changed it between hands as he approached the window. His jeans were extremely ript as if an animal clawed through them. His face was tinted with dirt and a purple bruise painted right at the temple of his head.

Taehyung wasn't laughing maniacally. He wasn't laughing as if he just experienced watching the funniest comedic films. No, he was just laughing. Maybe even giggling. With a proud smile, he slipped the bag through. He watched the item disappear into whatever was at the other side of the window.