Chapter Ten

*Niall’s POV*

Jay had invited heaps of Louis old school friends to the BBQ, the only one I knew was Stan. Some of the girls’ friends were around as well. It was cool meeting everyone and some of them had very funny stories about Louis when he was younger, like the time The Rogue was preforming and Louis fell off the stage. Plus there was lots of food.

I actually ended up spending a lot of time with Phoebe and Daisy and their mates; I had a lot of mothers saying thanks for looking after them afterwards. I couldn’t help thinking that Harry would love being in my position, maybe that’s why he spends so much time with children.

Normally I’d be off talking to everyone and drinking large quantities of alcohol but since that one particular evening, which I can’t say I want to forget because I already have, I’ve sworn off alcohol any night were I’m going to be sharing a bed with Louis. Plus Stan and Louis didn’t leave each other’s side the entire afternoon and I have to admit that I was jealous.

People began leaving late in the afternoon, by seven o’clock Stan was the only one present, much to my own displeasure. As much as I tried to like Stan I just couldn’t bring myself to. Jay and Lou, of course, had invited him to stay for tea. The worse part about it was that I was feeling sick in the stomach and didn’t even want to eat.

I came down the stairs after having gone to the toilet thinking maybe that would make my stomach feel better, I was wrong about that.

Lou and Stan were sitting at the dining room table as I walked into the room laughing about something while Jay began putting food on the table.

‘You always seem to come in right as we’re about to eat.’ Jay said smiling at me as I followed her into the kitchen ‘You’ve got a choice of left over burgers or left over spaghetti.’

‘No thanks Jay, I’m not really feeling well.’ I replied smiling at her. ‘I was just going to go outside and call mum.’

‘Oh ok,’ she said looking concerned ‘well if you’re feeling hungry later on there’ll be food in the fridge. Say hi to your mother for me.’

‘You must really be sick if you’re not eating.’ Lottie said walking into the kitchen

‘I think it’s because I ate too much.’ I replied smiling down at her ‘I’ll be back later.’

I wondered back out the back door and wondered down to where the trampoline sat. I climbed up onto it and bounced half-heartedly as I waited for mum to pick up. The bouncing was making my stomach ache worse so I ended sitting down on the trampoline watching as the sun went down.

‘Hello?’ Mum’s voice sounded on the other end of the phone.

‘Hi Mum!’ I felt better almost immediately.

‘Niall!’ I could tell from her voice that she was smiling ‘How are you? How’s Doncaster?’

‘It’s good.’ I replied avoiding the first question, I didn’t want to worry her. ‘Jay and the girls send their love.’

‘Aw please give them mine,’ She responded ‘and don’t think I didn’t notice that you didn’t answer my first question.’

‘I’m alright Mum, just a little home sick.’ I replied

‘I wish you were here.’ I could feel my eyes filling up.

‘I wish I was there too.’ I replied

‘So what have you been doing?’ She asked

‘Well Jay had a BBQ today with all Louis’ old school mates, um… on Wednesday we went bowling and the day before that we took the girls to the pool.’ I replied

‘Yes I saw the photos and the ones of you and Louis shopping.’ She replied ‘Having fun were we?’

I grinned, she know me way too well.

*Louis’ POV*

‘Off to bed girls.’ Mum said walking into the lounge room where the girls were watching Stan and I battle it out on the Play Station.

There was the usual complaining as the girls got up.

‘Girls it’s almost eleven, you should all be in bed by now, and yes that includes you Lottie.’ Mum said as Lottie opened her mouth to join in the complaining.

‘Where’s Niall?’ Fizzy asked after hugging me.

‘Yeah I wanna say good goodnight.’ Phoebe said looking around as if Niall was going to materialise out of thin air.

‘I haven’t seen him since before dinner.’ Mum said

Mum and the girls looked at me. ‘I don’t know where.’ I said in response to their unspoken question, he might be like a brother too me but I’m not his keeper.

Mum frowned at me ‘He said he wasn’t feeling well.’

‘Is that why he didn’t eat?’ Stan asked looking up from the game.

‘Maybe he went to bed.’ Lottie added

‘Can we say goodnight to him?’ Daisy asked

‘You can knock and if he’s awake you can say goodnight otherwise let him sleep.’ Mum instructed

The girls nodded before hugging mum and heading upstairs.

Mum looked at us ‘I’m going to have a glass of wine, there’s beer in the fridge if you want it.’ She said walking out of the lounge room.

‘I’m going to have one. Do you want one?’ Stan asked standing up.

‘Na I don’t think I’ll be drinking for a while.’ I replied, I started feeling awkward just thinking about it.

‘Why?’ Stan asked looking confused

‘Can you keep a secret?’ I asked

‘You know I can.’ Stan said sitting back down next to me.

‘Last time I got drunk I ended up sleeping with one of my best mates; it was an experience that I really don’t want to repeat anytime soon.’ No way was I admitting that it was a guy never lone the same guy I was now sharing a bed with.

‘Why, where they bad in bed?’ Stan asked grinning from ear to ear.

‘I don’t actually remember and neither do they but I can tell you the next morning was very awkward.’ I replied

Stan chuckled ‘One drinks not going to get you drunk, come on dude, who are you going to sleep with? Me?’

‘Fine, just one.’ I finally gave in just so he would drop it before I blurted out something embarrassing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘My bro’s coming to get me.’ Stan said at around a quarter to one after another three beers.

‘You could just stay overnight.’ I replied looking up at him.

‘Sorry mate but I’ve got to work in the morning,’ He replied ‘besides he’s coming now.’

About ten minutes later Stan’s brother showed up to pick him up and I decided to go to bed.

I slipped into my room quietly and didn’t turn the light on so that I wouldn’t wake Niall. It was hard to see in the dark but after a moment of staring at my bed I realised Niall wasn’t there. I hadn’t seen him downstairs so I checked the bathroom.

I began to feel uneasiness, Mum had said he was feeling sick and I hadn’t even bothered to check on him or see how he was feeling.

I trotted back downstairs checking each room as I went.

He’s not here, I realised after having check all the rooms on the ground floor.

Now I was worry, he wasn’t in the house, no one had seen him since before dinner and he’d been feeling sick and I’d ignored him all afternoon.

I hope he’s alright.