Chapter Thirty-Nine

*Louis’s POV*

It had been going really well until half way through our meal when an older waitress, different to the one which had taken our order, came shuffling out the back looking anxious.

‘I’m really sorry about this gentlemen but it seems that the media has found out you were here.’ She said shooting a dark look over to the door where the girl who had served us was standing looking guilty. ‘We promise that the person responsible will be fired and that the media will not get past the front door. I’ve gone out to talk to them personally and denied that you were here but they are refusing to leave.’

Oh fuck, was the only coherent thought running though my head at that point. I looked up at Niall who was looking a hell of a lot more worried then I felt.

‘Should we call for security?’ He asked looking around as if the paparazzi were going to start climbing over the garden walls.

‘If we call security the paparazzi will know for a fact that we’re here and seeing as we haven’t even told management that we’re together, if this gets out and especially if they get photo’s we are so dead.’ I replied thinking hard, I turned to look at the waitress who was standing there looking as if she was afraid one of us was going to bite her head off. ‘They can’t see us right?’ She nodded ‘And you won’t let them into the restaurant?’ She nodded again. ‘Then I don’t see why we shouldn’t finish eating.’ I stated matter-of-factly.

The waitress nodded hurriedly in agreement. ‘When you are ready to leave I can let you out though the back door so you won’t be seen.’

‘You’re cars still out the front thought.’ Niall pointed out to me.

‘We can come back and pick it up tomorrow; right now the most important thing is that management knows we’re together before the rest of the world does. We’ll be fine Niall, finish your food. You wouldn’t want good food to go to waste would you?’ I asked teasingly, I knew that no matter how stressed out Niall was it wouldn’t stop him from eating. That time at my house when he was feeling home sick was the only time that I’ve EVER seen Niall say no to food.

Niall continued to eat but I could tell he was nervous. He was trying not to rush but whenever he’s nervous he eats twice as fast as normal. I didn’t eat as fast though so Niall actually had to wait for me to finish, which made me feel slightly bad but after what happened last time I tried to eat fast I wasn’t going to take the risk.

Niall continued to fidget until I was finished. I knew he was trying not to be impatient and he didn’t say anything but I knew he wanted to leave and get away from the paparazzi. Most of the time the media are pretty respectful but every now and then you get the stalker ones who follow you around and don’t leave you alone, the sort that will chase you down the street and follow you home.

‘Do you want to go?’ I asked, deciding to put Niall out of his misery.

He perked up imminently. ‘I’ll go pay.’ He replied jumping up and heading into the restaurant.

I almost argued when he said he was going to pay, but then I realised that he wasn’t Eleanor, he wasn’t a Uni student who had to budget to pay the bills, not that Eleanor was that hard done by. Niall has as much money as I do, if not more seeing as he’s not much of a big spender and doesn’t go shopping anywhere near as much as I do. I realised that the whole dating one of my male band mates was going to take more getting used to then I first thought.

Niall came back a moment later looking even more nervous.

‘What’s wrong?’ I asked standing up and putting my hands on his shoulders, trying to calm him down.