Chapter One - The Accident

Paradise / Chapter One

For as long as I can remember my Mother has been bringing us here to our little beach house by the sea, it used to be our special little family holiday something that bound us together as one. Once maybe twice a year if dad managed to get some time off from work we’d come. They’d spend the time laughing and hugging curled up on the sofa and I’d play on the beach building sand castles with my baby brother and watching as the movement of the waves swishing in and out would beckon me. I loved it here as a kid we all did but these days I felt more and more drawn here like this was were I belonged. In the end it may not have been a safe haven for my family but for me this place felt more like home than any I’d ever known. I knew being here was the right thing for me.

It had been ten years since the accident here each time I returned here the pain would stab at my heart my thoughts would wander to our last trip here. It had all started like any other happy, relaxed time but as the days went on mum and dad started arguing more and more it wasn’t like them, they’d always been happy and if they had argued before me and Jamie had never known about it. I remember us being out for dinner that night and dads phone vibrating over and over and mum complaining about him always working, always on the phone, always hiding it more like she’d sneered at him. Dad just lost it, told mum he’d had enough that she couldn’t go on throwing accusations at him anymore she had to either take his word or leave simple as that. I remember poor Jamie his face covered in ice cream looking so content not worrying like me about what was happening to our family.

The arguing had continued in the car more and more louder and crazier one minute they were arguing next minute the car was swerving everything just seemed to slow down to move so slowly the smoke from the car skidding the slow spinning of the car. The crash into the metal frame of the bridge. The slowey steady rock of the car on the brink of falling off the bridge. The realization that this was it we were going over no time for climbing out. No time to think about the end. Only time to see what lay beyond. The water. The car dipped forward and then all I remember was water. Water seeping in, windows shattering. Then falling, like falling asleep my body feeling tingly and light, like a dress blowing in the cool summer breeze my body fell deeper and deeper, my eyes drifted open and shut. Then some movement somewhere like arms wrapping around my lifting me higher and higher.

I woke up on our beach that day not knowing how or why I had been saved, or if I’d even wanted to be saved I knew my family weren’t with me so that only left one place.

The police pulled the car out three days later after they searched the water the only thing they found was the car. No Mother, no Father, no baby brother my mind sort of folded in on itself I became lost. It’s hard to remember how I came out of that darkness but somehow I did and every since then I’ve visited here, and the moment I turned 18 I moved back I don’t know why, maybe to be closer to my family maybe to be closer to the ocean that somehow thought I should be saved but somehow I feel home for the first time since the accident I know this is where the truth lies something or someone saved me that day and here among the diamond glittering water lies the answer.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys so I know this is like the shortest update ever but I just sort of went with it, I might add more what do you think? I cannot stress enough that this has not been edited it's just a fly by the seat of my pants sort of chaper I have no idea what to think of it so I'd love, love your thoughts on it comments mean the world to me and I'll always try and reply to all who comment thanks for reading guys it really does mean so much to me dedicated to @forcade for the amazing side cover