Oɴ Tʜᴇ Rᴜɴ || 1

2012

2012

She charged into the abyssal alleyway, light as a feather and as quick as a snake bite. She tried to lose them in the labyrinth of sharp turns and dead ends. Her heart thumped hard in her chest, threatening to escape. Her breathing was painful as she pushed on. Her arms pumped back and forth, throwing her forward.

They were fast, but she was faster.

The next turn she took so fast she dashed across the opposite wall, pushing off and leaping into another alleyway. 

And then her breath hitched. 

A dead end. 

She was trapped.

Her shoulders slumped as she turned slowly. Her pursuers jogged to a halt in front of her. They trained their guns on her. Dressed in all black and bulletproof armour like a SWAT team, the red cross belt buckle glistening in the inky light was what gave them away.

Templars. 

Their goons, that is. Five of them.

"You're going nowhere, Assassin," one growled.

Scout smirked, amused. "What are you going to do? Shoot me? You need me alive. Or it's your ass that'll get a new hole."

"True," he replied. "But that doesn't mean I bring you in walking."

He aimed at her legs and pulled the trigger. As the bullet rocketed out of the barrel, Scout stepped to the side just as fast. The bullet ricocheted off the wall and into the night sky. 

She lunged at him, punching him in a perfect uppercut. He crumpled to the ground. Before the others could process their shock, she kicked one in the chest, sending him flying back. She kicked another in the knee and heard the satisfying crack of a broken bone as the soldier wailed in agony. She silenced him, her hidden blade sliding out and into his throat. Blood gushed from the wound, dark against his black body armour.

The other two tried to escape. From the darkness of the top of the wall, a figure appeared, burying his hidden blade deep into the back of the neck of one. As fast as a fleeting eagle, he stood and slashed the throat of the other. He gurgled, blood spouting from his fatal wound through his clutching fingers, and he dropped down dead.

The figure stood and retracted his hidden blade.

Scout smiled. "Perfect timing."

The figure, a young man with dark hair and icy eyes, smiled. "It's what I'm good known for."

Scout picked up the nearest weapon—a Glock 17—and checked its ammunition. Full, ready to be used.

"Scout."

She looked up from examining the gun. Her friend was standing by the head soldier crawling away, trying to escape. He looked at her for the next move.

"Please!" the soldier pleaded. "Don't kill me! I'm just—"

"Following orders," Scout interrupted, "yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before." She kicked him onto his back and crouched over him. "Why are you here?"

The pleading façade of the man fell away as he grinned through bloody teeth. "Isn't it obvious? To capture you Assassins."

"Why?" Scout's companion demanded.

"To bring to you to the Industry."

The Assassins shared a glance.

Abstergo.

Scout gestured her head to him. "What are you next orders?"

"Interrogation. You were to reveal the location of the Assassin hideout." The soldier looked from Scout to her friend as he stepped back. "What are your going to do to me?"

Scout stood. Simply, she cocked the gun, aimed it at the Templar's head, and pulled the trigger. Blood spatter shot out the other. He fell to the ground. Dead.

Scout tossed away the weapon. She turned on her heel and left the scene with her companion at her side.

"What now?" he asked

"We can't stay here," she replied.

He smirked. "Run?"

She mimicked him. "Run."

⚔ AUTHOR NOTE: Hey, there! Welcome to the world of Assassin's Creed, where conspiracy is ripe and a war between good and evil rages

If you like this chapter, please consider giving it a quick vote. Thanks for reading! Enjoy!

 Thanks for reading! Enjoy!