S E V E N

"I'M GOING TO NEED AN EXTENSION."

Arabella needed longer to create her work. She had tried to piece the perfect words together in such little time, but it wasn't working. There was too much to say about love and heartbreak all in one, since her experience with it was still ongoing. Plus, she had other things on her mind. Her morning sickness was seeming to be every morning, in fact, and Harry's promise worried her mind.

She just wasn't so sure of things anymore.

The journalist energized herself that morning by staring at her reflection and taking deep breaths. There were two ways of how the situation would flow: Jack would be extremely angry and demand that Arabella finish the piece by Thursday, or he would be too understanding.

Fortunately for the wife, it was the second.

"That'll be fine," Jack stated, nodding his head at his statement after the moment of silence. "Can you have it finished by the beginning of next week?"

Arabella bit her lip, frustrated at herself. She had to finish it by Monday, or else she would hate her entire being for the rest of her life. She was doing it for the people, and only the people. They needed to know the truth.

Finally, she turned her head to stare at her boss. "Yeah," she mumbled, hands shaking. "I'll have it to you Monday morning."

Jack nodded his head, a pleased smile on his face before he dismissed her. The man figured she would need longer time, and even though the magazine was desperate to have the article before the month was up, they could wait. It wasn't the end yet.

Everyone in the office knew that Arabella Styles was experiencing problems, especially with her husband's infidelity. Along with that, they had heard cruel rumors, supposedly that the musician abused her in many ways. Not only did alcohol take a toll, but his words did, too.

They pitied her all too well.

Arabella sighed loudly at the news as the hood of her jacket came to cover most of her face. The paparazzi was out - they always were - and she didn't want to deal with them. Hiding herself and her feelings seemed to be the only way those days.

Her mind wondered what the public would think about her story - probably even more flashing cameras and hate. She wasn't aiming to throw hate at her husband. She was just trying to express herself through heartbreak and love on the internet, hoping that some would relate while some would open their eyes to the love around them.

Harry used to ask about her job, infatuated with what she did and her words. He would come home and immediately ask about her day and what she was assigned. He once was the proofreader and aid in her articles, but sometimes, the musician wasn't solely attending to what she wrote.

Arabella and Harry would get too distracted.

She missed those days.

Suddenly, the general ringing of her phone brought her out of her trance, her hand fishing out the device from the back pocket of her jeans. A smile broke her face when she noticed the name.

"Hey Liam."

"Bella, hi! How 'ya doing?" He cheerily asked while Arabella continued her trek, dodging a sketchy group of men with cameras.

"I'm okay," she muttered. "Could be better."

Liam Payne had developed a long, lasting friendship with the woman ever since Harry introduced the two. She was beyond thankful that Harry and Liam were best friends throughout high school because the chef was really the one person she trusted. If her husband wasn't there, Liam was, and she was entirely blessed.