T E N

comment your heart out please. thank you for all the support.

+
+
+

HARRY STYLES AWOKE TO HIS CELL PHONE RINGING RAPIDLY.

It was nearly three in the afternoon, and he had been snoozing for too long. His body was too warm, though. He finally slept in his own bed, the bed where his loving wife had once been curled up beside him.

Harry realized there was something wrong when he picked up his phone. His wife wasn't beside him anymore.

"Harry? Harry! Get your ass on fucking New York Times right now! Or the news, whatever. But fucking look!"

It was as if time had stopped in the world. He didn't know what to worry about — the news or his beautiful wife. He figured she was somewhere in the house making breakfast because of her pregnancy cravings, so he chose to look at the first option.

Liam's voice still remained on the other line, heavy breathing evident, but Harry didn't worry. He thought it could've been some joke the lad was playing on him since his best friend tended to do those things.

Harry sighed loudly when his eyes landed on something interesting.

THE HEARTBREAK OF LOVE

He didn't know what was worse — Arabella's article or the fact that she had left him.

•••

Arabella Styles completely lost her mind after she kissed her husband. Her lips enveloped his, and it escalated too quickly for her. Harry was worried about squishing her plump stomach while she was only wanting her husband's attention.

It had been too long.

She let loose with him when he brought her into their bedroom. Harry figured he could've considered it theirs since she allowed him to enter it and undress her for the first time in months.

It was different than the other times they had mindlessly fucked, though. Harry had went slow, his eyes maintaining contact with his wife's nearly the whole time. It wasn't strange at most moments. The musician had professed his love for her once again, while the journalist had claimed she loved him ever since she met him.

Arabella left him sleeping. His arms were tightly wrapped around her, safely tucked in, but she managed to loosen the grasp and escape. She planted a pillow in her spot, frantically tiptoeing around the happy husband while she found her clothes. She didn't know where she was going, but Arabella had to get away before Harry saw the news.

At six in the morning, the journalist found herself sipping on sugary lemonade within a non-popular cafe. There were many others in New York City, so it's not as if the cafe was awful. Arabella just liked to be away from people when the news spread quickly.

Jack interrupted her calming nervousness when a text popped on her phone.

Very proud of your article. It's become a hit! I'll see you Friday.

Arabella didn't know if it was morning sickness or his text that made her want to throw up, but she held it back.

The article was out, and Harry read it.

He called and texted her multiple times, claiming that he needed to talk to her desperately. The young woman figured it was something along the lines of a divorce but dismissed it. It was then when another customer entered the cafe that she wondered why the two never got a divorce.

Arabella should've filed one ever since the scandal had began, but she couldn't find herself to do so. She loved Harry too much. Such a selfish act. She was only hurting herself.

"More lemonade, sweetie?" the waitress's southern accent brought the journalist out of her trance, her hooded eyes merely glancing at the woman before returning back to the outside scenery.

"Please," she mumbled, leaning her head against her hand.

"Seems like it's been a long day," the woman, who's name said Sandy on her tag, stated while she obnoxiously chewed her gum. "Whatever it is, I'm all ears. I've got nothing better to do."

Arabella turned to the woman, brushing a raven wisp out from her vision. She smiled in a sad manner. "I appreciate that. It's just been a long morning." 

She hoped that Sandy wouldn't recognize her. There had been enough talk and text messages already.

"A boy got you down? Eh, fuck 'em. You're better on your own, but they always come back, honey."

"Something like that." Arabella closed her eyes to breath in the lemonade scent before opening them and glancing at the chubby blonde in front of her. "You could say love is complicated."

"Woo, you're telling me," Sandy rolled her eyes as she propped an arm on the booth behind her. "I married a man who loved his damn dog more than me. Dumped his ass inna quick second."

The journalist laughed until she realized her waitress was being truthful. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"Nah, don't worry about it, honey. It's not my fault I look like an ogre."

"Oh, hush. You're beautiful. Any man would be so lucky to have you."

Sandy rolled her eyes, a clouded laugh erupting from her painted lips. She had to smoke in her free time. "The same to you, my dear. Now—"

"Arabella."

The voice interrupted Sandy from another rant, Arabella's eyes quickly glancing to the opened door to the cafe. The bell continued to ding until her husband closed the door, breathless and surprised.

Sandy noticed Arabella's lingering stare from behind her, making her body rotate to look at the man and back at her customer. She slid out of the booth before murmuring, "shit, I better skirt. Call me over if you need me, honey. I hope it works out."

Harry still hadn't regained his breath. He was dressed as if he did it too quick — black sweats covering his legs with a plain, white shirt on his torso. Arabella worried for a moment because it was freezing outside.

What the hell was he doing?

"You've been ignoring me," he stated as he walked closer to her table. "Please stop, I just want to talk to you."

Arabella ceased her movements, sliding her lemonade to the end of the table. She had no taste for the beverage anymore.

"The article—"

"Yes, Harry. The article, I know. I meant it. I meant every word, but I'm still hopelessly in love with you and I can't get over the fact that there's a large chance that it won't go away. I can't help it. I'm sorry, but it's the truth."

Harry shook his head, tears swelling in his eyes while he harshly bit his lip for them not to fall. A sad smile worked its way across his face. "You're right, and I'm not going to deny that."

Arabella's eyes snapped up to his, wide and alive. Her dark eyebrows furrowed together as she took in Harry's rightful glance. A lone tear fell down his swollen cheek.

"I don't know what to do," she whispered.

The musician chuckled sadly, "I don't either."

"I'm sorry, Harry."

"Me too, Bella. Me too."