Chapter II: Realization

-Reader POV-

"Well we better get settled down for the night, I'll show you to your room; we already got Tae-san's permission for us to stay over for now" Koujaku smiled leading the way.

I followed Koujaku out of the hallway and up the stair case; the room was pretty luxurious considering my situation and all.
"Thanks Koujaku" I smiled softly walking in and having a better look around,"Whoa, there's even a balcony" I grinned softly.
Koujaku grinned softly entering the room, closing the door behind himself; we both walked out onto the balcony, unfortunately the other buildings were abstracting the view but a few stars peeked through.
"Nice view,huh?" he questioned looking up at the few stars that peeked in through the gaps, "It's not bad" I admitted with a smile.
"Koujaku! Bring your friend down here! Dinner!" Tae-san yelled from the kitchen, downstairs.
Koujaku perked up, "Well I guess we better get some dinner before Clear and that beansprout put it away for us" he smiled.
It was weird ,Koujaku was being so kind to me, as if we really did know each other.

-POV Change-
"Yeah,race you down there!" Y/n smiled brightly, racing down stairs.
"H-Huh?Oi,get back here Y/n you cheat!" Koujaku grinned, racing after you.

Y/n introduced himself to Tae-san, Tae-san was cautious but kind none the less; this was a stranger in her house.
As expected of Tae-san, the food was amazing; it felt like everyone was one big family unlike at 'home' .

Everyone would be spread out through out the house eating, or on the rare occasion everyone was at the table there was little to no conversation.

This felt like a real family meal, it overwhelmed Y/n with pure happiness.
Once everyone finished their meal,Clear,Koujaku and Y/n helped out with dishes; leaving Tae-san to go to bed early.
Everyone then gathered into the lounge room for a meeting of sorts.
"What's this about?" Koujaku questioned taking a seat on the lounge,beside Clear and Y/n.

Noiz leaned against the door frame,his arms folded; completely silent.

Mink breathed out a cloud of smoke from his dry lips,he hadn't eaten much ,much a less drank anything; he wasn't much of a social person so it was to be expected.

"Someone needs to keep a close eye on Y/n tomorrow,ever since Toue extended his influence in Midorijima strange things have been occurring; he's more than likely our best hope of returning him home . . . .however . . . ." he took in another breath of smoke.

"Right now isn't the right time,we need to wait for the right opportunity to strike and bring him down" he said in a low voice,his eyes sharp like spears; a glare that would kill a man.

Toue and Mink had some dirt between them didn't they . . . .?

Y/n wanted to ask about it more but,he felt like it was wrong; it was personal business for a start.

"I will! I'll take care of Master!" Clear exclaimed almost jumping out of his seat,raising his hand excitedly.

Mink rolled his eyes, before he could agree with Clear's enthusiastic volunteer; Koujaku spoke up.

"I'll take care of Y/n for tomorrow; I know the area better than most people,he won't be able to escape with me around" Koujaku reasoned,he wasn't going to let this chance slip up.

"Hmph . . . . that is all" Mink huffed softly before he stood up and left the room to retire to his room for the night.

"You're so mean Koujaku-san! I was so excited to look after Master!" Clear pouted,hugging Y/n tightly.

"Better luck next time,Y/n we should probably get settled in for the night; we have a busy day tomorrow" he smiled.

"What's happening tomorrow?" he questioned raising an eyebrow.