i ◎ sorrow, despair and anxiety.

Not again, I thought to myself. Life had let me down yet once more. However, this wasn't anything new to me.

The past 2 years of my life had brought me nothing but sorrow, despair and anxiety. Ever since my dad's unexpected death, the atmosphere in my home had completely changed. Nothing was the same anymore. We were all too dejected to do anything at first. But as time rolled by, we decided to move on and learn to accept our lives as it is.

To me, my mom looked the most heartbroken without my dad. Previously, she was an energetic woman whose soul exhibited endless radiance, as if she was one of those precious pearls found only in the deepest oceans. Her ever-sparkling eyes now looked as lifeless as the grave in which my dad rests in peace.

Little did I know just over a year later, she would bring another man home who she claims to be in love with just as much as she was with our father, and force me to accept him as my stepdad. However, I don't think anyone could ever replace the role my dad played in my life.

My dad was my favorite person in this entire universe. He was a loving father, my best friend, a shoulder to cry on and what not. Atleast he was the only person who I can say with confidence, loved me completely. With him, I never felt a sorrow in this world. I never imagined God would play such a cruel trick on me and something as unexpected as a heart attack would snatch my dad away from me forever.

Since then, everything in my life had just made a turn for the worse. It seems like I just stumble into mishaps all the time. No matter how hard I try to be hopeful that these are only the few challenging days of my life and everything would turn out to better soon, life always proves me wrong. Everyday I wake up thinking that I would just have enough strength to survive the day, not to have a great day because I never had even a good day in a long time.

Oh wait. I forgot to introduce myself didn't I? Well, hi fellow readers, I am Park Yeon-hwa. Welcome to this complicated mess otherwise known as my life.

______________________________________

A/N: Heyy guys! Chapter One was too emo wasn't it? Nevertheless, I hope y'all liked it! I promise there'll be much better chapters in the future haha. Till then, stay tuned!

 Till then, stay tuned!

Elena ♡