iii ◎ too good to be true.

I took long but steady steps towards its source, my curiosity building like a cat fixated upon its prey.

An agean blue light blinded my eyes as I scampered closer and closer. I was just inches away from the glaring light when I noticed its source.

It was a gleaming flaxen coloured mirror, framed with what looked like golden leaves from a weeping willow.

The mirror had that patina of age over the golden frame, likewise the surface of the glass was splotched black in places.

I ran my bruised finger over the lustrous surface of the mirror and suddenly felt an electrifying vibration drifting through my finger. I immediately withdrawed my hand from the mirror in pain and distress.

To my astonishment, the mirror stood levitating in mid-air, its light only getting more blinding. A puffy blue smoke released from the antique mirror and as it went further higher and higher, started filling half of the attic in front of me.

I looked closely, still in pain and noticed a figure slowly taking shape beneath the smoke.

He had tousled dark brown hair, which was thick and lustrous. His eyes were a mesmerising deep ocean blue, flecks of silvery light performed ballets throughout. His face was strong and defined, his features molded from granite. He had dark eye brows, which sloped upwards in a cheerful expression.

He was a fair few inches taller than me. Slim, muscular, with an almost perfectly symmetrical face. A prominent jaw curved gracefully around and the strength of his neck showed in the twining cords of muscle that shaped his entire body. His soft sharp lips were very attractive and captivating.

He was unlike anything I've ever seen before, too good to be true.

"Finally! Someone has let me out." He said to himself looking around the room while rubbing off the dust.

Still shook, I let out a shaky sigh. "Ahh I'm dreaming again."

That was when he noticed my very prescence in front of him.

"Dreaming?" His tumultuous voice knocked me back into my senses.

He was wearing only a rugged navy cloth below his waist, leaving him completely shirtless exposing his impeccable physique.

"Wait, so you're actually real?" I asked.
"What kind of a question is that?"
"Um what are you even?"

Slightly taken aback, he replied, "Annyeong! Kim Taehyung is the name. Since you've let me out, I'm supposed to grant you 5 wishes instead of the usual three because I've been trapped in this dumb mirror for 7 whole years ugh."

"You've still not answered my question, you know."

"Isn't it obvious? I'm a genie!"

"Wow, I thought Jafar was the only genie that existed." I replied, still deep in thought.

"Jafar?", he asked with a perplexed look on his face.

"Just a fellow genie, you know."

"Oh. We are not allowed to keep contact with fellow genies. All of us are too busy anyways.", he replied with a precarious tone.

Suddenly, as though someone scared him from behind, he jumped. "I almost forgot. Miss, do you have any wish to be granted at the present moment?"

"Well.." I said biting my lip.
______________________________________

A/N: Hey guys!! How did y'all like this chapter? I really wanted to describe Tae's beauty as it is, which is why I took so long to frame the right words to say haha. Also, thank y'all so much for 38 reads!! I never expected to get even 10 reads for a chapter lol. I promise I'm working hard to improve my writing and give you guys great chapters that you'd love reading. Do vote and comment your thoughts on this chapter if you liked it, it would mean the world to me :))

 Do vote and comment your thoughts on this chapter if you liked it, it would mean the world to me :))

Elena ♡