ii ◎ just another day.

My little old copper alarm clock rests on my desk tick-tocking away each inevitable second of the day, only to shake, rattle, and ring me to wake every morning.

As I lay there in bed, half dead, sometimes wishing maybe that I was, achy and tired stretching and scratching like a jungle cat, I felt the morning crawl into my house.

Waking up can be really harsh, especially if your dreams are better than reality. The saddest part of it is, though, that eventually even the memory of your dream will fade - if you are even lucky enough to remember it that is. Then you're left with this lonely feeling of detachment, left to explore in the empty void of emotions, the only proof that you ever had the dream to begin with.

Slowly and reluctantly, I uncover my face. I blink, close my eyes, and blink again. Streaks of sunlight penetrate the window and blind me. I sit up, drag my feet off the bed, and rub my knuckles onto my eyes. I stretch my arms above my head and yawn. I watch my legs dangle above the off-white polyester carpet.

It was just another day.

As I pull myself to consciousness, my mom's distressing yell pierces through my inner ear. "Yeon-hwaaaa! Get your ass here right now." "COMINGGG" I yell back.

Her face mottled crimson, her eyes popped, her neck strained. Her words spat out with the ferocity and rapidity of machine gun fire. By the time she had finished yelling her voice was so hoarse that she could barely even speak.

"Go clean the attic. Don't dare to step out unless I tell you to." She snarled. "Whatever". I dragged my legs lazily up the staircase.

Resting in the corner of the second level was a big roomy attic; the ceiling was low, and the windows had thick panes; the walls and floors were built of heavy timber, and silence reigned there.

I slowly climbed the wooden ladder and glanced into the dark gloomy attic, letting my eyes adjust. The wind screeched through a tight gap in the old window, the room was as cold as ice. As I stepped inside the floorboards creaked, something smashed to the ground; it must have been an object falling off one of the many packed up boxes. I felt uneasy as I went further in, as if the room expanded as I continued. I bumped into something, it must have been another box.

The darkness engulfed even my silhouette. The dollar store flashlight illuminated the messy room: books scattered, antique furniture inches deep in dust, old paintings, cobweb covered walls. Claustrophobia washed over me from head to toe. The beams above were creaking as the storm winds howled - old, and wet from the frequent rainfall. Every moment I spent in the room seemed to be a temptation for the beams to collapse.

As I made my way around the dishevelled archaic room, a dim light glistening from the corner of the room caught my eye.

______________________________________

A/N: Ahh I'm so excited for you guys to meet genie taehyung in the next chapter!! I really really hope y'all like him.

What do you think of my story so far? Do you guys like where this is heading?

Elena ♡