Thirty-Three: The Cure

Rebekah's POV

Shortly after our conversation, Malia and I fell asleep. I smiled and cuddled against the girl that I love the most. Bonnie was right, I have been thinking about my future with Malia and there's nothing I want more. Malia brought out the best of me, a side of me I've never seen. I can't wait to see what is in store for the both of us. I heard my phone go off and quickly picked it up, my voice groggy from my nap. "Hello?"

"Baby sister, he's taken care of. No one will know it was us. I made it look like a cold one did it, we're in the clear."

I sighed in relief. "Thank you, Klaus."

I heard him sigh heavily, as if something was on his mind. "Sister..."

I raised my eyebrow. "Spit it out, Nik. Don't be so dramatic."

He chuckled. "Okay, I just want to say if this somehow gets back to us...I'll take the blame. I don't want you loosing a good thing—the only good thing you have."

I smiled appreciatively. "Thank you. I owe you one."

"No, you don't. Not anymore. I just want you and Malia happy—even if that means being together. I think you two are perfect for earth other."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Okay, Nik. Whatever you say. I'm gonna head back to sleep, Malia gets released tonight and I know that when she does she'll want to run all over town."

Klaus chuckled again. A sound I wasn't use to hearing and hoped I heard more of. With Hope being around, my brother has become better, he has found his redemption. That sweet little niece of mine was Klaus' whole world and I knew he'd do anything to protect her, like he would for any of his family. "Okay baby sister, sweet dreams."

{}

It was about two o'clock when I woke up. Malia was playing with my hair and softly humming and I wanted to stay in this moment forever. I could stay in her arms and be content for the rest of my life. This girl was my world and one day, hopefully soon, I'll prove that to her. I raised my head up and softly kissed Malia's jawline. Her voice was groggy. "Good afternoon, baby girl."

I smiled and nuzzled her neck, softly whispering. "Good afternoon, love."

She was about to say something when the door opened. Nurse Jackson came in with some scissors and tweezers and put gloves on. "You ready to get your stitches out? Since your wounds are no longer open we can take them out. I don't know how you managed to do it in a matter of days."

Malia looked at me and I nodded. I got off the bed and went over to Jackson. I looked in his eyes and compelled him. "Malia's wounds weren't deep, stitches were just a safety procedure in care they wouldn't close, but they did so now the stitches can come out."

Jackson nodded and took Malia's stitches out. She smiled as she sat up, not feeling any pain. There was a sparkle in her eyes, one that I haven't seen before. She went to look at her skin which was completely healed now, she would just have a scar but Freya or Bonnie knows spells to take it away. "I-I have scars..."

I walked over to Malia. "Mal, it's okay."

She pouted and covered her skin with the blanket, she must be feeling insecure. "No! It's not okay."

I frowned and kissed her cheek, whispering in her ear, "Get dressed and I'll take you to see Freya. She can cure your scar."

I didn't have to say much more because Malia shooed Jackson out of the room and quickly got dressed. I smiled at her anxiousness.

{}

We pulled into the driveway of the house. I called Freya and she was going to be waiting here for us. Malia had the radio blaring, her excuse was that she hadn't listened to music the last few days from being in the hospital, causing me to roll my eyes and regretting setting up her bluetooth. I sighed lightly and shut the car off, enjoying the bliss of the silence.

Malia cleared her throat. "Are we going inside or..."

I sighed and looked over at her. "Of course. Let's go."

She smiled and got out of the car and ran into the house. I followed behind her to be greeted by Freya. "Sister, Malia. How are you?"

Malia smiled. "I'm good."

I looked at Freya and smiled. "Are you ready to fix Mal's scar?"

Freya gave me a small smile. "Of course, let me get my bag from the car."

I smiled and walked over to Malia, grabbing her hand and kissing her forehead. "I love you Malia."

Malia blushed. "I love you too."

I smiled more and turned to see Freya walking back in and smiling. "I'm glad that you're happy, Rebekah. Your girlfriend seems lovely."

I giggled and pulled Malia close to me. "She really is."

Malia playfully hit my arm. "Shut up." She hissed.

I laughed and playfully rolled my eyes. "Whatever, you love it."

Malia growled in annoyance and I laughed. Freya cleared her throat, putting her hands in some green liquid and looking towards Malia. "May I?"

Malia nodded and lifted up her shirt, revealing her scar. I pouted and watched as Freya did her work, repeating Latin words as she did the spell.

{}

AN

Hey guys, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Sorry, I've had writer's block lately and I'm busy with school but I'm planning for this book to be done this week or next. (: